Old 22-10-2003, 02:22 PM
do$feratu

Default Re-Planting Forsythias

I have some forsythias I got from Arbor Day that have been planted
for at least a year now.
When is the best time to replant them in their final locations?
Now, while they still have leaves, or later after leaves fall
before frost, or should I wait until spring?

What should I prune when replanting? Tops or roots? Or both?

Thanks in advance!

Old 22-10-2003, 03:42 PM
redclay

do$feratu wrote in message
I have some forsythias I got from Arbor Day that have been planted
for at least a year now.
When is the best time to replant them in their final locations?
Now, while they still have leaves, or later after leaves fall
before frost, or should I wait until spring?
What should I prune when replanting? Tops or roots? Or both?
Thanks in advance!

Just put them where you want them and forget about them. Forsythia is hardy
and does not need any pruning before transplanting.

[IMG] code is On

Forsythias blooming?? Natty_Dread Gardening 4 14-12-2003 09:32 PM
Opinions Please: Forsythias & Burning Bushes Nate Everden Gardening 12 02-05-2003 05:56 AM
Question about planting grass (small patches) [email protected] Lawns 2 01-04-2003 06:20 PM
Planting Roses Cherylmdsharp Roses 2 31-03-2003 11:32 AM
Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas..... Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 8 26-03-2003 06:08 PM