Old 05-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Heidi

Default another idea for figs

Madgardener and all other fig growers,

I just ran across a jar of Fig and Cranberry Preserves in the grocery
store. I don't have a recipe, but I would assume that a fig jam recipe
could be modified with cranberries added in. Sounded like a good
combination to me...and you could spread it on a leftover turkey
sandwich after Thanksgiving! (For those who eat winged creatures...),
or spread it on crackers w/ cheese like a chutney.

I wonder how figs would taste in a salsa?

Well, not sure if you still have figs, but thought I'd toss those out!

Heidi

Old 05-11-2003, 11:22 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:36:49 GMT, Heidi
wrote:

Madgardener and all other fig growers,

I just ran across a jar of Fig and Cranberry Preserves in the grocery
store. I don't have a recipe, but I would assume that a fig jam recipe
could be modified with cranberries added in. Sounded like a good
combination to me...and you could spread it on a leftover turkey
sandwich after Thanksgiving! (For those who eat winged creatures...),
or spread it on crackers w/ cheese like a chutney.

I wonder how figs would taste in a salsa?

Well, not sure if you still have figs, but thought I'd toss those out!

Heidi

Anyone growing figs in the desert SWest? Varieties?

Old 06-11-2003, 12:32 AM
Madgardener

Heidi wrote in
. com:

Madgardener and all other fig growers,

I just ran across a jar of Fig and Cranberry Preserves in the grocery
store. I don't have a recipe, but I would assume that a fig jam
recipe could be modified with cranberries added in. Sounded like a
good combination to me...and you could spread it on a leftover turkey
sandwich after Thanksgiving! (For those who eat winged creatures...),
or spread it on crackers w/ cheese like a chutney.

I wonder how figs would taste in a salsa?

Well, not sure if you still have figs, but thought I'd toss those out!

Heidi

that sounds interesting! I still have a few. The ones I spot up in the
upper branch tips are droopy and so sweet they're unreal The rest I
will let drop as it's too far in the season to get a good ripening. But
those five I picked the other day were a special treat. Fig preserves.
I'll have to look up a receipe for next year. I'm not pruning the tree
this year in hopes that this was the reason I had a whole lot more than
I ever had in the past. Thanks for thinking of us! madgardener

[IMG] code is On

Another Idea [email protected] Edible Gardening 1 14-07-2014 02:12 PM
ingenious idea, or terribly stupid idea? Bob Texas 6 10-03-2005 12:41 AM
Another idea for my veggie filter GrannyGrump Ponds 2 22-06-2004 10:03 PM
figs and birds John Savage Australia 11 05-04-2003 06:35 AM
Brown Turkey figs? Jane Edible Gardening 6 05-02-2003 03:11 AM