Old 21-06-2004, 07:12 PM
GrannyGrump

Default Another idea for my veggie filter

Think on this and tell me what you think, please....

Place a perforated pipe in the middle of the tank, with an outgoing
pipe connected to the drain hole that is already at the bottom.
Then have the layers of material (whatever it ends up being) around
the pipe, so that clean water flows into the pipe and out to the pond.
With plants on top...

Think this would work well?
Old 22-06-2004, 06:19 PM

the outgoing hole has to be much much larger than the incoming or it will back up and
overflow draining the pond. one reason my VF sits right over teh pond and any
overflow goes right into teh pnd. Ingrid

GrannyGrump wrote:

Think on this and tell me what you think, please....

Place a perforated pipe in the middle of the tank, with an outgoing
pipe connected to the drain hole that is already at the bottom.
Then have the layers of material (whatever it ends up being) around
the pipe, so that clean water flows into the pipe and out to the pond.
With plants on top...

Think this would work well?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-06-2004, 10:03 PM
GrannyGrump

the outgoing hole has to be much much larger than the incoming or it will back up and
overflow draining the pond. one reason my VF sits right over teh pond and any
overflow goes right into teh pnd.

Yep, I know.
Am thinking of cutting a section out of the top corner for the
overflow back to the pond, through the waterfall.