Old 06-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Arizona Russ

Default Greenhouse bubble wrap insulation

Where can I purchase bubble wrap that has been treated with UV
protection. I have been using standard packaging bubble wrap for
greenhouse insulation, but find that it begins to fall appart in less
than one year. Lots of sun and UV in Arizona.

Thanks all for your help.

Arizona Russ
Old 06-11-2003, 05:32 PM
David Hill

The idea is to remove the bubble wrap once the weather warms up, not to
leave it there all year.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-11-2003, 10:32 PM
hermine stover

Use a top covering of UV treated plain plastic on top of the bubble
wrap. I have used rather fragile films on the inside, as part of a
sandwitch to trap air for insulation, but the outside was UV proof,
and it kept the other material for much longer than if it had been
exposed.

hermine

Old 06-11-2003, 10:42 PM
David Hill

Don't know where in US you will fins it but here is a link for UK,
They might be able to tell you of US stockist.

http://www.tenax.co.uk/c/index.php?cat=cp

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 06-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Salty Thumb

"David Hill" wrote in news:boeibf
:

Don't know where in US you will fins it but here is a link for UK,
They might be able to tell you of US stockist.

http://www.tenax.co.uk/c/index.php?cat=cp

Wow, learn something new everyday.
Old 01-12-2003, 04:32 AM
J Kolenovsky

Would really thin "polycarbonate" work?

Arizona Russ wrote:
=

Where can I purchase bubble wrap that has been treated with UV
protection. I have been using standard packaging bubble wrap for
greenhouse insulation, but find that it begins to fall appart in less
than one year. Lots of sun and UV in Arizona.
=

Thanks all for your help.
=

Arizona Russ

-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 01-12-2003, 03:02 PM

not sure if it is UV resistant cause it is supposed to go inside of greenhouse
http://greengarden.mall-network.com/...te-Control/138
the google search is
greenhouse supplies bubble plastic
but you may want to add UV on that.

Arizona Russ wrote:

Where can I purchase bubble wrap that has been treated with UV
protection. I have been using standard packaging bubble wrap for
greenhouse insulation, but find that it begins to fall appart in less
than one year. Lots of sun and UV in Arizona.

Thanks all for your help.

Arizona Russ

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 01-12-2003, 03:03 PM

polycarbonate the double walled stuff with channels is excellent choice. higher R
than glass, unbreakable, easy to cut and install, diffuses the sun really well,
cheaper than glass. I just have a hard time finding a local supplier that is
reasonable. neither menards nor home depot stocks it. very very strange indeed since
it is superior to fiberglass. Ingrid

J Kolenovsky wrote:

Would really thin "polycarbonate" work?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 04-12-2003, 06:02 PM

I did finally find somebody local. we got a tax number so got it wholesale for $50
per 4x8' sheet. Ingrid

J Kolenovsky wrote:

Yes, it is superior but hard to find. I ended up calling BWI for some
prices. Even though they are a national company, the material still is
on the pricey side. The client I was quoting decided to forego the
project.

J Kolenovsky wrote:

Would really thin "polycarbonate" work?

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List