Old 24-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

Default Carnivorous plants that eat pets?

The message
from animaux contains these words:

Curiosity killed the cat - and in my Max's case, didn't kill him, but got
his furry tail singed by a candle on the bathroom counter - he just had to
look out the window didn't he ;-)

As a responsible pet owner, or owned by a pet which is more likely,
I've never
left an unattended candle anywhere in the house unless I was in the
same room.

How did you know she wasn't in there? It's rude to peer in through
other posters' bathroom windows to see what they're doing in there.

Janet.
Old 24-11-2003, 08:32 PM
animaux

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:26:12 GMT, Janet Baraclough
opined:

The message
from animaux contains these words:

Curiosity killed the cat - and in my Max's case, didn't kill him, but got
his furry tail singed by a candle on the bathroom counter - he just had to
look out the window didn't he ;-)

As a responsible pet owner, or owned by a pet which is more likely,
I've never
left an unattended candle anywhere in the house unless I was in the
same room.

How did you know she wasn't in there? It's rude to peer in through
other posters' bathroom windows to see what they're doing in there.

Janet.

Unlike you I don't take things personally. I was making a statement on how I
make use of candles with regard to my pets. As for peering into her bathroom,
"huh" is all I can come up with.

I no longer burn candles. I now have a parrot.
Old 25-11-2003, 06:02 PM
LeeAnne

But how do you walk them? Or hop them?
:-)
LeeAnne

"paghat" wrote in message
news
Some people DO have pet crickets doncha know.

-paggers

/

Old 25-11-2003, 06:03 PM
LeeAnne

I don't take your observation personally :-) This was actually the first
week we had Max and he was busy getting to know the house. I was home,
candle in the bathroom and he came waltzing out into the kitchen w/what
looked like poo on the tip of his tail - I was like, great, I adopted a
positively sloppy cat-box habit cat - then I got closer and could smell the
singed fur.

Luckily kitty did not go up in flames, he doesn't do counter things
anymore - unless it has to do w/chicken or dried flowers or easter basket
grass or presents w/ribbon or, or, or, :-)

LeeAnne

Old 26-11-2003, 01:02 AM
animaux

I never meant it to be a slam on you, so glad you didn't take it that way. I
lost my kitty "Nermal" to a fire. It was the devastation of my life. I no
longer leave candles anywhere in the house unless I'm there, but as I said it's
not an issue any more. Candles and birds are not companions. Their little
lungs are delicate. They are probably much hardier than they say in all the
literature, but I'd rather stay on the safe side.

Glad your kitty was none the worse for wear.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 12:42:20 -0500, "LeeAnne"
opined:

I don't take your observation personally :-) This was actually the first
week we had Max and he was busy getting to know the house. I was home,
candle in the bathroom and he came waltzing out into the kitchen w/what
looked like poo on the tip of his tail - I was like, great, I adopted a
positively sloppy cat-box habit cat - then I got closer and could smell the
singed fur.

Luckily kitty did not go up in flames, he doesn't do counter things
anymore - unless it has to do w/chicken or dried flowers or easter basket
grass or presents w/ribbon or, or, or, :-)

LeeAnne

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
As a responsible pet owner, or owned by a pet which is more likely, I've

never
left an unattended candle anywhere in the house unless I was in the same

room.

[IMG] code is On

carnivorous plants a.c. United Kingdom 21 30-06-2005 04:46 PM
carnivorous plants :-))) Ka30P Ponds 11 24-05-2004 04:07 AM
Carnivorous plants George B Gardening 6 29-11-2003 03:22 AM
Hardiness of carnivorous plants Marcus Fox United Kingdom 4 07-04-2003 10:20 PM
carnivorous plants darlingtonia974 Gardening 2 12-03-2003 06:44 PM