Old 21-11-2003, 03:42 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Carnivorous plants that eat pets?

Is this supposed to be a lame attempt at being humorous?
I really can't believe that there would be anybody out there that naive.

There are no carnivorous plants that would be harmful to pets.

Do a google search on carnivorous plants and see the many websites on the
subject.

George B wrote in message
om...
What kind of carnivorous plant are hermles to domestice house animals
like dogs and cats. I wanted to start a venus flytrap garden in an
aquarium and was afraid of what it may do to my cat or dog. What if
the animals ate the plants??
Thank you VERY much
George

Old 21-11-2003, 04:24 PM
Philip Lewis

"Cereoid-UR12-" writes:
There are no carnivorous plants that would be harmful to pets.

did you read the post?

http://www.google.com/search?q=carni...plant+toxicity
might be of help george.

--
be safe.
flip

Old 21-11-2003, 07:05 PM
LeeAnne

lmao, I think you missed something on that cereoid . . . he means harmful if
the pet eats the plant :-) Not if the plant eats the pet.

"Feed me Seymour!!!!!"

Happy Friday,
LeeAnne

om...

Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

If the dude is growing the plants in an aquarium, how in the heck would the
animals be able to get to them to eat them in the first place?

If only there actually were plants that could eat pets (and people), the
world would most certainly be a better place!!!

Got to get me an Audrey2 too!!!

Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Shell91

Have you never heard of pets knocking things over and sampling the flavors
thereof? Granted a Yorkie probably couldn't do it but a German Shepperd or
even a good sized mixed breed woud have no problem. Especially were they
playing with the resident cat. Even a cat could knock over a large heavy
object if the cat were one of the heavier ones. Not to mention a cat could
easily climb into the terrarium (yes even with a lid on it) and there by
sample a few plants.
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
om...
If the dude is growing the plants in an aquarium, how in the heck would

the
animals be able to get to them to eat them in the first place?

Have you never heard of pets knocking things over and sampling the flavors
thereof? Granted a Yorkie probably couldn't do it but a German Shepperd or
even a good sized mixed breed woud have no problem. Especially were they
playing with the resident cat. Even a cat could knock over a large heavy
object if the cat were one of the heavier ones. Not to mention a cat could
easily climb into the terrarium (yes even with a lid on it) and there by
sample a few plants.

If only there actually were plants that could eat pets (and people), the
world would most certainly be a better place!!!

What a horrible and pessimistic thought.

Shell

Got to get me an Audrey2 too!!!

Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
George B

lmao, I think you missed something on that cereoid . . . he means harmful if
the pet eats the plant :-) Not if the plant eats the pet.

Yes that is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. I have lotsa
plants (over 100 in my 1 bedroom condo) they make great "pets" and a
very soothing atmosphere.
I wanted to get something a little more excotic like a venus fly trap.
However it must be non-toxic to the orther domestic pets. The cat
nor Dog has ever eaten any of my plants but I do want to make certain
that it could not hurt them if eaten. Of course I did not mean that
the plants could eat the animals I could see how that was taken.
Pretty funny image if you think about it.
Thank you all.
George
Old 22-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Fito

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
om...
If the dude is growing the plants in an aquarium, how in the heck would

the
animals be able to get to them to eat them in the first place?

If only there actually were plants that could eat pets (and people), the
world would most certainly be a better place!!!

Thank God there are people like you who always stick their feet in their
mouths. Thats what makes THIS world a better place.

Fito

Old 22-11-2003, 02:42 AM
paghat

In article , "LeeAnne"
wrote:

lmao, I think you missed something on that cereoid . . . he means harmful if
the pet eats the plant :-) Not if the plant eats the pet.

Some people DO have pet crickets doncha know.

-paggers

George B wrote in message
om...
What kind of carnivorous plant are hermles to domestice house animals
like dogs and cats. I wanted to start a venus flytrap garden in an
aquarium and was afraid of what it may do to my cat or dog. What if
the animals ate the plants??
Thank you VERY much
George

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 22-11-2003, 04:32 AM
Peter Jason

My friend had a swimming pool once with a "Creepy Crawley" vacuum-cleaner
installed. It would venture forth from the pool at nights and consume the
odd wayward cat and dog, and make a mess of the Peony patch.
Indeed, if the windows of the house were left open on hot humid summer
nights it would apply itself to the feverish bodies of the guests in the
most untoward fashion, to the delight of everyone.

Old 22-11-2003, 05:43 AM
hermine stover

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 15:26:04 +1100, "Peter Jason"
wrote:

My friend had a swimming pool once with a "Creepy Crawley" vacuum-cleaner
installed. It would venture forth from the pool at nights and consume the
odd wayward cat and dog, and make a mess of the Peony patch.
Indeed, if the windows of the house were left open on hot humid summer
nights it would apply itself to the feverish bodies of the guests in the
most untoward fashion, to the delight of everyone.

YES! YES! the fabulous estate of Edward Gorey, sorely missed!

hermine
Old 22-11-2003, 04:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

How sad that you have no faith in a person's ability to train their pets to
behave.

Dogs may be the morons of the pet world but they can be trained to behave
themselves.

Cats have enough sense not to go poking around into a smelly wet terrarium
full of plants.

Kids are far more likely to be the ones to mess with the terrarium.

y.com...

Old 22-11-2003, 11:42 PM
Peter Jason

news
wrote:

My friend had a swimming pool once with a "Creepy Crawley" vacuum-cleaner
installed. It would venture forth from the pool at nights and consume

the
odd wayward cat and dog, and make a mess of the Peony patch.
Indeed, if the windows of the house were left open on hot humid summer
nights it would apply itself to the feverish bodies of the guests in the
most untoward fashion, to the delight of everyone.

YES! YES! the fabulous estate of Edward Gorey, sorely missed!

hermine

Yes, kindred spirit.
But we have our innocent memories for consolation...!!!

Old 24-11-2003, 04:12 PM
LeeAnne

Ha ha ha ha ha, that is probably one of the funniest things I have ever
heard. I'm sorry, have you ever been owned by a cat?

Curiosity killed the cat - and in my Max's case, didn't kill him, but got
his furry tail singed by a candle on the bathroom counter - he just had to
look out the window didn't he ;-)

. com...

Old 24-11-2003, 07:22 PM
animaux

As a responsible pet owner, or owned by a pet which is more likely, I've never
left an unattended candle anywhere in the house unless I was in the same room.

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:08:58 -0500, "LeeAnne"
opined:

Ha ha ha ha ha, that is probably one of the funniest things I have ever
heard. I'm sorry, have you ever been owned by a cat?

Curiosity killed the cat - and in my Max's case, didn't kill him, but got
his furry tail singed by a candle on the bathroom counter - he just had to
look out the window didn't he ;-)

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
.com...

Cats have enough sense not to go poking around into a smelly wet terrarium
full of plants.

[IMG] code is On

carnivorous plants a.c. United Kingdom 21 30-06-2005 04:46 PM
carnivorous plants :-))) Ka30P Ponds 11 24-05-2004 04:07 AM
Carnivorous plants George B Gardening 6 29-11-2003 03:22 AM
Hardiness of carnivorous plants Marcus Fox United Kingdom 4 07-04-2003 10:20 PM
carnivorous plants darlingtonia974 Gardening 2 12-03-2003 06:44 PM