Old 06-04-2004, 09:17 PM
John DeGood

Default disposable orchids

I received a nice phalaenopsis from my family today for my birthday.
The attached tag (from KB aka Klassic Beauties aka Kerry's Bromeliad
Nursery) contained accurate culture information, and it even referenced
the AOS website "for advanced growing information."

But the back of the tag disturbed me. It featured a tombstone icon
marked with an orchid flower and the letters "RIP", followed by this
caption:

"Plants can be discarded when no longer
flowering. It's okay. We'll grow more!"

Imagine the outcry if a pet store sold their product with similar labeling:

"Cats can be discarded when no longer
kittens. It's okay. We'll grow more!"

I'm indignant!

John (opposed to orchid euthanasia)