Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
KCnRichmond

Default Grubs

www.milkyspore.com

"Sue Clotere" wrote in message
om...
We have a vegetable garden, our neighbor has a large lawn. We now have
grubs in our food garden. Has anyone heard of " Milky Spore"? Is it
safe to use in a vegetable garden? Where can I find it? From Sue in
San Rafael, Ca.

Old 11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Janice

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 04:41:49 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

"Stephen M. Henning" wrote in message
news
(Sue Clotere) wrote:

Last year we caught one of the beetles & took it to the
local extension, but they couldn't tell us what type of beetle it was.
We had it in an airtight jar, & it was still alive 2 weeks later. Can
you tell me if the "Milky Spore" will kill the earthworms.? We don't
want that either.

Most grubs grow into Japanese Beetles or June Bugs.

This is one of the most preposterous statements I've seen on this forum in
some time. A grub is simply a legless insect larvae - they can originate
from beetles (and there are are who knows how many 100's of species of
beetles present in the US) as well as many other forms of insects, including
flying ones. To say that most grow into Japanese beetles or June bugs is to
ignore a good portion of the insect population consisting of many thousands
of species.

FWIW, neither Japanese beetles nor June bugs have any significant presnece
in most areas of the western US and yet we still have grubs.

I have brown May Beetles..which show up in June sometimes ;-)

I kinda think that the person meant the ones that show up in garden
areas.. and meant June beetles not June bugs .. (June bugs in my
particular location refers to the cicadas that "sing" incessantly in
hot summer weather). But hey, just a guess ;-)

Janice

[IMG] code is On

How to Kill Grubs/larvae of JuneBugs?? (Dogs eat Grubs) Tom Servo Texas 0 27-03-2004 07:02 AM
Get rid of Grubs Bub Lawns 4 09-05-2003 04:56 AM
Grubs Heather Gardening 29 14-04-2003 03:56 AM
Grubs Heather Roses 3 11-04-2003 04:32 PM
grubs ideekay Australia 1 05-04-2003 06:34 AM