Old 13-04-2004, 10:33 PM

Default new radio station

after high school. undergraduate is the 4(+) years culminating in a bachelors
degree. grad school is going for a masters or PhD. Ingrid

Janet Baraclough.. wrote:

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:12:04 GMT,
wrote:

sigh... undergraduate education is more memorization than thinking.
grad school
demands critical thinking skills. Ingrid

Ingrid, would you just clarify for furrin readers what Americans mean
by undergraduate education and grad school? Thanks

Janet

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 14-04-2004, 12:32 AM
Ann

escapee expounded:

I understand he said "likely," but in the city where we live, 67% of the
population has been to higher education, and 24% of graduates, attended graduate
school and up. This, for the most part, a very liberal town. Our president is
a big dumbo. He is declared to be a Harvard Business School graduate, but has
failed in every business he operated. Including, IMO, our great nation. He
came in when we were in the black, now we are in more debt than ever in the
history of the nation.

And Kerry has done _what_ successfully? Besides marrying rich women?
By the way, don't forget he's my state's Junior Senator. I am a
Republican, but I know what Ted Kennedy has done over time; he has
quite a list of accomplishments, people he's helped, bills he's
passed, projects he's got done for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
John Effin Kerry hasn't done a damned thing. No, I'm not happy with
Bush, I'm definitely unhappy with Kerry. There isn't anyone running
worth voting for.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 14-04-2004, 02:03 PM
escapee

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:42:17 -0400, Ann opined:

[...]

I would rather see Al Sharpton be the president than that idiot who didn't
answer one question last night without that dumb smirk on his face.

I never said Kerry was the answer, but certainly 4 more years with this
administration and we will be a very broken nation, IMO. It's just an opinion.
Old 14-04-2004, 08:32 PM
cacahuate

wrote:
http://www.airamericaradio.com/
online streaming radio if out of range
the O'Franken Factor

Ingrid

Well, Ingrid, t looks like your liberal network has just been kicked off
two of its four stations (Chicago and Los Angeles) because it ran out
of money. Why don't you make a donation?

Bwaahahahahahahahahaha

Old 16-04-2004, 02:04 AM
Ann

expounded:

of course, it isnt true ... just another drug induced confabulation of Lush Rambo.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm
Ingrid

Well, yes, it is true, Ingrid. They were kicked off the air.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
Old 17-04-2004, 02:04 PM
escapee

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 17:34:40 -0400, Ann opined:

expounded:

of course, it isnt true ... just another drug induced confabulation of Lush Rambo.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm
Ingrid

Well, yes, it is true, Ingrid. They were kicked off the air.

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way
most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily
basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.
Old 17-04-2004, 02:27 PM
Ann

escapee expounded:

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way
most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily
basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.

:::sigh:::

Yes, they were kicked off the air in Chicago and LA, two of their
largest markets, in a contract dispute. I don't think they're back on
yet there.

As for satellite radio, there's no way I'm paying for radio, it's bad
enough what I pay in cable bills. I don't think satellite radio is
going to do as well as you think. And the satellite TVs aren't any
better around here for good packages and local channels.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 17-04-2004, 07:32 PM
escapee

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 18:34:19 -0400, Ann opined:

escapee expounded:

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way
most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily
basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.

:::sigh:::

Yes, they were kicked off the air in Chicago and LA, two of their
largest markets, in a contract dispute. I don't think they're back on
yet there.

As for satellite radio, there's no way I'm paying for radio, it's bad
enough what I pay in cable bills. I don't think satellite radio is
going to do as well as you think. And the satellite TVs aren't any
better around here for good packages and local channels.

I've had a big dish for 11 years and now we also have a little dish. There are
many millions of people who prefer the little dish as it is superior to cable
and priced similarly.

I will pay to listen to satellite radio because I'm sick of the government of a
country which supports free speech in the First Amendment, yet fines people for
violation of their own rights based on what "they" consider out of line. If I
think someone is out of line, I change the station. I suppose many dullards
can't simply do that, so they ruin it for everyone.

So, I absolutely pay for satellite radio when the time comes.
Old 17-04-2004, 07:32 PM

they are back on, they settled the contract dispute. they are also going to be on
dish network .. which is my TV carrier. So far I really like the streaming video off
of broadband. Ingrid

Ann wrote:

escapee expounded:

Well, no, they are still on satellite radio, which very soon, will be the way
most people will listen to the radio. The junkie people listen to on a daily
basis has nothing to add to anyone's life outside of his own.

:::sigh:::

Yes, they were kicked off the air in Chicago and LA, two of their
largest markets, in a contract dispute. I don't think they're back on
yet there.

As for satellite radio, there's no way I'm paying for radio, it's bad
enough what I pay in cable bills. I don't think satellite radio is
going to do as well as you think. And the satellite TVs aren't any
better around here for good packages and local channels.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 17-04-2004, 07:33 PM

it was not true that they "ran out of money" nor that they were "kicked off the air".
they got into a contract dispute and the station owners stopped transmission. The
use of pejorative phrases by Lush Rambo et al doesnt change the facts. Ingrid

Ann wrote:

expounded:

of course, it isnt true ... just another drug induced confabulation of Lush Rambo.
http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/resNews.htm
Ingrid

Well, yes, it is true, Ingrid. They were kicked off the air.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 17-04-2004, 07:35 PM

I would never listen to Howard Stern or that ilk, but I am incensed that a few people
in government are going to tell us what is "good" for us. And after all, freedom of
speech is one of the freedoms our children are dying for in other countries. How
dare we limit it in the US. Ingrid

escapee wrote:
I will pay to listen to satellite radio because I'm sick of the government of a
country which supports free speech in the First Amendment, yet fines people for
violation of their own rights based on what "they" consider out of line. If I
think someone is out of line, I change the station. I suppose many dullards
can't simply do that, so they ruin it for everyone.

So, I absolutely pay for satellite radio when the time comes.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List