Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Phisherman

Default Squirrel is destroying cukes

I have a pesky squirrel that figured out how to get into my protected
garden. The garden has a chicken wire fence with two electric wires
(one 6" and the other 15" from the ground). He jumps over the wires
and digs up the young cucumber sprouts, then manages to leave the
garden without getting shocked. I have a .22 air rifle (legal here
in the city limits although it might be hard to get an accurate shot
at a distance), but last night I set a Hav-A-Hart trap baited with
peanut butter graham cracker. The squirrel is not touching the
beets, carrots, radishes, tomatoes, peppers or zucchini. He makes
daily 8 AM rounds. Any other ideas?