Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-06-2004, 02:02 AM
Mark Anderson

Default Is this a weed?

This year I used an American Meadow Midwest Wildflower mix for my
wildflower boxes. Some of the wildflowers in the box came back from last
year. Usually I can recognize the typical weed (I.e. a local ugly plant
that shows up everywhere without being planted). This one plant I was
thinking of pulling about a month ago got huge broad leaves kind of like
a big dandelion. I let it grow and then it looked like it might be some
sort of big poppy. Now it has gotten huge and it doesn't look like a
poppy and it's taking up a lot of space in the box. I don't mind if it
turns into something nice but if it's just a nasty common weed I probably
should get it out of there.

Does anyone have an idea of what this is?

http://www.brandylion.com/images/weed.jpg

--
As of June 8, major planting operations have ended.
Mission Accomplished!