Old 10-07-2004, 10:02 PM
gntry

Default Help with identity

I posted photos once before, but they were hard to determine, so here I go
again. I hope these might be alittle better! Any guesses are appreciated.
CG suburbs of Buffalo NY
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.jpg
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.jpg

Old 11-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Cat

In article , gntry wrote:
I posted photos once before, but they were hard to determine, so here I go
again. I hope these might be alittle better! Any guesses are appreciated.
CG suburbs of Buffalo NY
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.jpg
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.jpg

Er. I think you mean:

http://www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.JPG
http://www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.JPG

.... but the pictures that you've got there don't really have enough
detail for me to take a guess. Is there any way that you can take a
picture that shows the entire plant, as well as the close ups?

You might find something he

http://www.ontariowildflower.com/index.htm#top

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."
Old 11-07-2004, 03:02 PM
Pam - gardengal

"gntry" wrote in message
I posted photos once before, but they were hard to determine, so here I go
again. I hope these might be alittle better! Any guesses are appreciated.
CG suburbs of Buffalo NY
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/99weed.jpg
www.buffnet.net/~gntry/9weed.jpg

I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure scale
against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much like the
young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A tough weed
to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed
listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.

pam - gardengal

Old 11-07-2004, 11:02 PM
David Hill

"..... I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure
scale against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much
like the young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A
tough weed
to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed
listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.

pam - gardengal ........."

Those were my thoughts as well.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

Plant identity help. Mike United Kingdom 4 04-10-2009 11:37 PM
Identity help soup[_2_] United Kingdom 3 28-08-2009 06:24 PM
Ceanothus Identity Help Please MeowZy United Kingdom 2 30-06-2008 10:54 PM
Help to identity a flower? Lickity Splickets Gardening 3 19-02-2005 08:04 AM
Identity help, plz Jon Plant Science 5 01-10-2003 09:28 AM