Old 13-07-2004, 09:02 AM
madgardener

Default A horticultural problem of huge proportions

after going to this link, and seeing all the host plants and good pictures
of what the disease looks like on some of the host plants, it is with a sad
and apprehensive heart that I have to say that I have lost two rhodies to
this fungus. The pictures are EXACTLY what I had to develope and kill my
bushes I bought at Lowes last year and this year.

I am pulling them up and burning them and burying their ashes in the deep
part of my woods this week. I just hope with all the rain that I haven't
already spread this fungus amongst my own pin oaks..........
madgardener
"William Wagner" wrote in message
Here is a URL of possible interest. http://www.suddenoakdeath.org/

William(Bill)

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade
There is atleast one word misspelled deliberately in the above post

Old 13-07-2004, 09:02 AM
madgardener

"MLEBLANCA" wrote in message
For information regarding Sudden Oak Death (SOD) go to the CA Oak

Mortality
Website at

www.suddenoakdeath.org

There are about 60 identified host plants
(not just camellias and rhodies) some can
have the disease and not die. The plants
and symtoms are listed there as well as
up to date information.

(I have posted this site several times; has anyone ever looked at it?)

Emilie
NorCal

I have checked this link out as I have also checked another link out and
become rather dismayed to find such a large number of host plants there. And
that I have several host plants of which some have died of what looks to be
the fungus in question. I sincerely hope not.
madgardener (have a good weekend, look forward to hearing back from you!)

Old 13-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Jean B.

MLEBLANCA wrote:

For information regarding Sudden Oak Death (SOD) go to the CA Oak Mortality
Website at

www.suddenoakdeath.org

There are about 60 identified host plants
(not just camellias and rhodies) some can
have the disease and not die. The plants
and symtoms are listed there as well as
up to date information.

(I have posted this site several times; has anyone ever looked at it?)

Emilie
NorCal

Yes, I have--a while ago. Need to go back there again to refresh
my memory.

--
Jean B.