Old 13-08-2004, 06:52 PM
Pam - gardengal

Default Boundry fencing- which way round should the panels be?

"davew" wrote in message
om...
What is the convention when installing panel fencing along a boundry
as regards which way round the panels should be? I have entered into
a minor disagreement with a neighbour on this subject. Should the
"pretty" side face into my side or considerately out to the neighbours
garden?

Answers on a post card please (or my email address)

Regards

Davew

Simply install a "good neighbor" fence ( boards/panels alternate from side
to side of the cross-members) and the issue is moot. Both sides will look
exactly the same.

http://www.ufpi.com/product/wfence/sbdesbx.htm

pam - gardengal

Old 13-08-2004, 08:15 PM
nonews

There is a security factor involved. I've read that the good, flat,
vertical side should face the neighbors since it more difficult to climb
over to enter your property. The side with the horizontal rails is easier
to climb.

However, I would think anyone with criminal intent could care less and still
gain entry.

nonews

Old 13-08-2004, 09:35 PM
Warren

nonews wrote:
There is a security factor involved. I've read that the good, flat,
vertical side should face the neighbors since it more difficult to

climb
over to enter your property. The side with the horizontal rails is

easier
to climb.

However, I would think anyone with criminal intent could care less and

still
gain entry.

Yeah. Like through the gate. The same way help and emergency services
get in.

--
Warren H.

==========
to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Electric and cordless power tools for the garden:
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/blac...ker/index.html

Old 13-08-2004, 09:58 PM
Vox Humana

"Warren" wrote in message
nonews wrote:
There is a security factor involved. I've read that the good, flat,
vertical side should face the neighbors since it more difficult to

climb
over to enter your property. The side with the horizontal rails is

easier
to climb.

However, I would think anyone with criminal intent could care less and

still
gain entry.

Yeah. Like through the gate. The same way help and emergency services
get in.

And, since it is described as a "boundary fence" as opposed to a privacy
fence, it may only be 4 feet high.