Old 23-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Matt

Default Lawn mower problem

Hi,
My 10 year old Sears self-propelled lawn mower will automatic
self-propelled without engaging the gear since it'll engaging by it
self. And onlt one wheel is turning. i think the gear box is
malfunctioning. can I fix it myself?
Any suggestions will ne appreciated.
Matt
Old 23-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Matt

Thanks for the responses. I appoligize for not being clear about my
question.Normally, when I pull start the mower, the fron wheel and
blade would not turn and spin unless I engage the gear by push down
the gear switch. Now, the blade and only one wheel will turn when I
pull start the mower. It seems that gear has already engaged and make
the blade and wheel to spin.
Gear box looks pretty small and simple but lot of samll parts.Looking
at the parts diagram, I saw a small clutch plate. Is this culprit to
my problem?
My problems are 1. automatic engaging gear. 2. only one front wheel
is turning.
The gear box is between two front wheel and connecting to
the two wheel by two metal rods. I still can use the mower.

I guess the repair cost is quite a lot. Maybe get another one.

Matt