Old 16-05-2004, 02:07 PM
Stuart

Default Lawn Mower Problem

Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.

The engine works fine for various lengths of time (up to 30mins) and then
suddenly dies out. when this happens it sucks its own plunger in! (the
plunger being the rubber device used to prime the motor before starting) As
soon as the plunger is released the motor will restart! My original thought
was that the air filter was blocked, however removing the filter has made no
differance.

any ideas?

Old 16-05-2004, 02:07 PM

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:45:19 +0100, "Stuart" wrote:

Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.

The engine works fine for various lengths of time (up to 30mins) and then
suddenly dies out. when this happens it sucks its own plunger in! (the
plunger being the rubber device used to prime the motor before starting) As
soon as the plunger is released the motor will restart! My original thought
was that the air filter was blocked, however removing the filter has made no
differance.

Blocked hole in petrol filler cap.

AJH
Old 16-05-2004, 05:19 PM
John

Stuart wrote:
Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.

sucks its own plunger in!

I went to school with a lad who could actually do that! What a laugh we
used to have in the library at lunch times getting people to bet sarnies,
crisps, fruit etc. that he couldn't do it

John

Old 16-05-2004, 06:08 PM
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 16 May 2004 13:47:42 +0100, wrote:

when this happens it sucks its own plunger in! (the

Blocked hole in petrol filler cap.

Or blocked pickup tube, I think I prefer the blocked hole in filler
gap though.

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 16-05-2004, 10:18 PM
John

Scott Mills wrote:
"John" wrote in message
Stuart wrote:
Briggs & Stratton petrol engine.

sucks its own plunger in!

I went to school with a lad who could actually do that! What a
laugh we used to have in the library at lunch times getting people
to bet sarnies, crisps, fruit etc. that he couldn't do it.

Was he fat?

No, if he was his belly would have got in the way! He had a nice earner
going on tho' with all the tucker he sold on.

Petrol Lawn Mower problem Peter C United Kingdom 4 18-06-2007 12:05 AM
Perculiar lawn mower problem FDR Lawns 15 16-06-2006 08:22 PM
Lawn Mower Battery Problem geezer Lawns 23 07-07-2005 12:40 PM
Lawn mower problem Matt Gardening 3 23-08-2004 09:10 PM
How to Make a Lawn Mower into Mulching Mower? Jay Chan Gardening 8 30-05-2003 04:09 PM