Old 03-09-2004, 07:56 PM
TOM KAN PA

Default Will these conditions work on poinsietta

The foliage on last years poinsietta plant has come back nicely.
There are no lights on at night in my wife's office. In the day time there is
natural and florescent lighting. Will this light/dark condition bring back the
floral bracts?
This is in zone 5/6.

Old 03-09-2004, 10:50 PM
Cereus-validus

No, it won't work.

Euphorbia pulcherrima is a short day plant.

Do a Google search for the all too many websites with info on how to grow
and bloom the plant before doing something stupid.

The zone is irrelevant.

Old 04-09-2004, 12:44 AM
TOM KAN PA

Subject: Will these conditions work on poinsietta
From: "Cereus-validus"
The zone is irrelevant.

____Reply Separator_____

I think the zone would be relavant. As an indication of when it is dark and
when it is light.
But then, what the f*@k do I know. If I knew the answer to the question, I
wouldn't have posted it.

Old 04-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Cereus-validus

Hardiness zones tell you nothing of the sort at all.

Work, Work, Work Hud Edible Gardening 21 10-05-2007 12:23 AM
slc wendy's valentine 'june'/ growing conditions Richard Silverstein Orchids 8 01-06-2004 08:03 PM
Best conditions for seed Janet Tweedy United Kingdom 0 02-11-2003 11:32 PM
Window boxes/windy conditions C Tate United Kingdom 0 10-06-2003 05:44 PM
my current water conditions SlimFlem Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:16 AM