Old 10-09-2004, 01:23 PM
SVTKate

Mary HAD to have had a sense of humor. With Jesus as her son..? Oh yea!
... and some of us thought WE had out hands full with OUR children!

Kate

Old 10-09-2004, 01:40 PM
GrampysGurl

Mary HAD to have had a sense of humor. With Jesus as her son..? Oh yea!
.. and some of us thought WE had out hands full with OUR children!

Kate

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message

| Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate
| nicely with the toilet.
|
| I can't believe people do that to the mother of God.
| Colleen
| Zone 5 CT

You haven't met my Andrew lol. It is said that St. Andrew was Jesus' brother so
there may be something to the name. Every Andrew I know is "busy". Andrew's
keep their parents thinking and on their toes, he is secretly my favorite
because he is most like me. I love all 3 of my boys for different reasons,
Andrew is my challenge but he is also the sweetest, kindest person I know other
then my Grandfather... two peas in a pod those two are/were.Grampy and Roo
would sit together for hours chatting and watching cartoons together. Grampy
passed when Roo was 4 but Roo has wonderful memories to this day. Grampy is the
one who introduced me to the wonders of wildlife.
Colleen
Zone 5 CT
Old 10-09-2004, 02:59 PM
Vox Humana

"GrampysGurl" wrote in message

Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate
nicely with the toilet.

I can't believe people do that to the mother of God.

It was quite common in the small town where I grew up. All of a sudden,
bathtub shrines started to appear in gardens in the mid 1960s. The fancy
ones had lamp sockets wired into the drain hole to allow for nighttime
illumination.

Old 10-09-2004, 03:34 PM
Will Renkel

"SVTKate" writes:
You are ACTUALLY going to put a toilet in your yard?????

Kidding, right?
*sigh*
to each his own I guess....

Kate

"David Hill" wrote in message
| JJ asked "What plant would not only look good in the white comode but
also
| have an inside joke or wry wit? "
|
| I would block the outflow pipe and grow Bog plants
|
| --
| David Hill
| Abacus nurseries
| www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Actually planting in a toilet is quite fun and neat.
I get many many compliments and a lot of conversation about it.
I first tried plantine directly, but not real successful
so now I webt to a "basket" in bottom and annuals in top...
ck it out...

http://home.xnet.com/~renkel/yard.20....very.good.jpg

Will Renkel
Wheaton, Ill.
REGISTERD Linux User: 300583

Old 10-09-2004, 05:16 PM
William Wagner

You now when I read stuff like this I started to think of living
sculpture. Years ago a few folks would mound up soil into a chair,
bench or table and plant grass or other hardy ground covers. Was fun!

Bill

--
Zone 5 S Jersey USA Shade
Serious Vision Problems? -- http://www.ocutech.com/ Two son's users.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:03 PM
JJ

(Will Renkel) wrote:
Actually planting in a toilet is quite fun and neat.
I get many many compliments and a lot of conversation about it.
I first tried plantine directly, but not real successful
so now I webt to a "basket" in bottom and annuals in top...
ck it out...

http://home.xnet.com/~renkel/yard.20....very.good.jpg

Okay that settles it, now I want a tank. I only have the bowl.

Unh...not to start a political flame war but I am thinking I could
also express my personal political view if I had 3 complete toilets,
one red, one white and one blue. I could then plants bushs and shrubs
in them.

But my yard isn't that big so maybe I can scrounge a tank and a seat
that are blue and red and just do one, err, unit.

Jay the Pig

Old 10-09-2004, 07:47 PM
Iris Cohen

One possibility is a small tree with a toy car smashing into it.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)

Old 10-09-2004, 10:46 PM
Felice Friese

"Will Renkel" wrote in message

Actually planting in a toilet is quite fun and neat.
I get many many compliments and a lot of conversation about it.
I first tried plantine directly, but not real successful
so now I webt to a "basket" in bottom and annuals in top...
ck it out...

http://home.xnet.com/~renkel/yard.20....very.good.jpg

You just HAVE to look at this, in case you think these people are kidding!

Felice

Old 11-09-2004, 01:15 AM
JJ

"Vox Humana" wrote:

"Stu Pidasso" wrote in message
Sheesh...me too. Pick up some porch geese with tons of "outfits" while
you're at it.
:::cringe:::

I have no idea what porch geese are?

Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate
nicely with the toilet.
http://images.google.com/images?q=ba...ff&sa=N&tab=wi

Oh my, I never knew those were bathtubs.

Jay
Old 11-09-2004, 02:57 AM
Shell

Geese = feathered evil

Porch geese = clever way to fool the populace into thinking geese are sweet
gentle motherly type birds (as in Mother Goose) Stand one on your front
porch and dress it in a "cute" little outfit to match the season or holiday

Shell
(who was chased by the geese from hell)

"JJ" wrote in message
"Vox Humana" wrote:

"Stu Pidasso" wrote in message
Sheesh...me too. Pick up some porch geese with tons of "outfits" while
you're at it.
:::cringe:::

I have no idea what porch geese are?

Don't forget the "Madonna in a Bathtub" grotto. That would coordinate
nicely with the toilet.

http://images.google.com/images?q=ba...ie=UTF-8&newwi

ndow=1&safe=off&sa=N&tab=wi

Old 11-09-2004, 04:40 AM