Old 19-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Wishy13764

Default Crape myrtle in containers

I took a chance this past spring when my 15 year old crape myrtle that I call
old faithful has given me 7 babies...sprouts with roots. I planted them in
various containers, sizes 12" to 15" and they all took to it well. One in fact
is starting to bloom, which its unusual this time of year in NYC. I know its
tolerant in milder weather , furthur south, and they don't go dormant..but here
it does get cold and faithful thrives in this all year cllimate, but then its
planted in the ground. Never even had to mulch it. But this containers I would
like to carry over to next year where I may have more permanent places to set
them in. Does anyone know if I could just bring them indoors and nurture them
or should I plant at least a couple of them outside in my backyard? Its
funny, but I read that these crape myrtles are considered as weeds in certain
parts of Asia.

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] First Aid on a Crape Myrtle Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 3 05-01-2004 04:32 AM
crape myrtle Wishy13764 Gardening 2 25-09-2003 12:12 AM
Where to buy crape myrtle? Mick Gardening 5 10-09-2003 03:32 PM
crape myrtle mardab Gardening 4 12-05-2003 02:32 AM
[IBC] Crape Myrtle Repot audgen Bonsai 2 17-03-2003 08:44 PM