Old 23-10-2004, 01:18 PM
FACE

Default When the sap falls ?????

All my life I have heard "when the sap falls" in connection with deciduous
trees and autumn. I have two questions on this, based on the veracity of
the first statement.

One:

Is this what actually happens? Does the "sap" go down into the roots?

If the above is true, when the leaves have turned, but not necessarily
fallen yet, has the sap already "fallen"? Is this a good time to prune
limbs?

Two:

I have some limbs that hang downward to get into the sun (maple mostly,
hanging down from the point of their attachment to the trunk, how does the
sap "fall" up?

FACE yes, I am serious.
Old 23-10-2004, 10:35 PM
Sed5555

Is this what actually happens? Does the "sap" go down into the roots?

No. Please see:
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...mazing/sap.htm
sed5555

[IMG] code is On

Iridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded irisIridaceae - Iris Victoria Falls - bearded iris Paddy's Pig[_3_] Garden Photos 2 01-02-2009 10:24 PM
water falls joe Ponds 0 26-06-2003 03:56 PM
The Big Dig - Hightower Falls, Beam, & Drain installation Update Critical Popperian Ponds 3 16-06-2003 08:00 PM
Wisteria "Amethyst Falls" MAC North Carolina 1 29-04-2003 10:56 PM
Bio filtering without bio falls ? Folklore Ponds 5 24-04-2003 11:56 PM