Old 27-10-2004, 04:46 PM
AM

Default How Long Has This Been Going On?

"Emmi H." wrote in message

*spits*

I just caught our four month old Pixie-Bob kitten in the bathroom
licking our toothbrushes.

Ew.

Not nearly as disgusting as the time I caught our Basset Hound gorging
on 'Kittie-Roca' from the kittie litter box, though.

Developing....

--
-
Emmi H.

"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Winston Churchill

Thanks for sharing.

What is the most embarassing thing YOU have ever eaten?

AM
"Oneness is not achieved through conformity or subordination, but
through the full expression of everyone's unique piece of the puzzle."
--AM

Old 27-10-2004, 05:54 PM
Ribo

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

*spits*

I just caught our four month old Pixie-Bob kitten in the bathroom
licking our toothbrushes.

Ew.

emmi.

i have been looking to buy a pixie-bob for some time now.

i like them.

do you have any you would like to sell/part with?

whit

Old 27-10-2004, 06:00 PM
Eric da Red

In article , AM wrote:
"Emmi H." wrote in message

*spits*

I just caught our four month old Pixie-Bob kitten in the bathroom
licking our toothbrushes.

Ew.

Not nearly as disgusting as the time I caught our Basset Hound gorging
on 'Kittie-Roca' from the kittie litter box, though.

Developing....

"He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire."
- Winston Churchill

Thanks for sharing.

What is the most embarassing thing YOU have ever eaten?

I swallowed Nixon's promise that he had a secret plan to end the
Vietnam War.

--
Quote Of The Week: "You're as big a dick on your show as you are on any
show." -- Jon Stewart to Tucker Carlson.
Old 28-10-2004, 05:03 AM
REDSOXROOL

"Emmi H." wrote in message
In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

*spits*

I just caught our four month old Pixie-Bob kitten in the bathroom
licking our toothbrushes.

Ew.

emmi.

i have been looking to buy a pixie-bob for some time now.

i like them.

do you have any you would like to sell/part with?

Sorry, we just have the one kitten.

A co-worker bought her in Maine as a companion for her adult cat and
ferret, but she turned out to be too much of a handful, so I bought her
for my eldest daughter - She does tend to wear my other three cats out
(Fripp, Eno and Ezekiel), but they just jump up to a higher place she
can't get to (yet) when they're tired of her.

Anyhow, there are a number of Pixie-Bob catteries in Washington State -
Beware of newspaper ads listing 'em for well under the accepted asking
price, though.

Be prepared to spend a minimum of $800.00 on a true Pixie-Bob, and the
price for a truly exceptional kitten can even be as high as $2000.00.

Here are a couple of links to some local catteries:

http://www.legendkatz.com/Kittens.htm

http://www.pixie-bobs.net/home.html

--
-
Emmi H.

thanx. i'll check the links. my neighbor has one, and it is just the
coolest cat ever. i am kind of more of a dog person, but i'm away from home
too much for a dog.

pixie bob sounds like the perfect pet for me

whit

Old 28-10-2004, 06:14 AM
Cap'n Tr\\/th

"Emmi H." wrote in message
In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

[...]

The kitty on that page has four-wheel-drive.
Do -all- pixie bobs have 8 feet?

-Cap

Old 28-10-2004, 07:13 AM
DrPostman

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:51:23 -0700, "Emmi H."
wrote:

In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

[...]

Why are they called pixie-bobs?

--
Dr.Postman USPS, MBMC, BsD; "Disgruntled, But Unarmed"
Member,Board of Directors, afa-b, SKEP-TI-CULT® #15-51506-253.

"Again, think type and _them_ make sure that your babble is understood in
the common ENGLISH language."
-ExcrementOne displays his familiarity with irony
Old 28-10-2004, 07:15 AM
DrPostman

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:14:07 -0400, " Cap'n Tr\\/th"
wrote:

The kitty on that page has four-wheel-drive.
Do -all- pixie bobs have 8 feet?

-Cap

Hemingway's were polydactyl. A large colony
survive at his home today:
http://www.hemingwayhome.com/HTML/our_cats.htm

Old 28-10-2004, 06:05 PM
REDSOXROOL

"Emmi H." wrote in message
In article ,
DrPostman wrote:

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:51:23 -0700, "Emmi H."
wrote:

In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

[...]

HISTORY OF THE PIXIE-BOB:

The Traditional Pixie-Bob is a special breed of domestic cat with the
added interest of wild ancestors. It is well known, and not considered
unusual, that wild and domestic cats can and will breed if left to their
own devices. This has been occurring for decades in situations where
domestic cats are left outdoors to roam. The legendary ancestry of the
Pixie-Bob is based upon this premise. Though The Traditional Cat
Association, Inc. does not advocate allowing any cat to roam free in
today¹s world of dangers and diseases, this has happened in the past.

A small Pacific Northwest, Coastal Red Bobcat and a short-tailed
polydactyl barn cat were observed following Mother Nature in 1985.
Thinking their cat was being harmed, the owners ran to the scene to save
their cat. In the resulting litter of kittens was a male polydactyl, who
was noticed by the keen eye of Carol Ann Brewer. Intrigued with the
kittens very interesting appearance and special behavior, Carol
purchased the cute male kitten.

With a breeding program in mind, Carol called her first cat a "Legend
Cat". Within a year she managed to find one more cat with the same kind
of heritage, and a third from unknown heritage but with good size,
similar appearance and tail length. Therefore, the breed began due to a
chance mating of a Bobcat and a domestic short hair. "At first, when
these cats came to me, I didn¹t believe the stories of matings between
wild bobcats and barn cats, " Carol Ann Brewer stated, "When I had
babies, I had to accept it. Their appearance brought back to me that
this was something people had been talking about for hundreds of years."

Pixie, a female kitten resulting from a mating of two of the original
breeding cats, was covered with muted spotting on her reddish to fawn
colored coat. Reflections of her bobcat heritage were evident in her
very wild looking face, with tufting on her ear tips too. Pixie has the
distinction of being the foundation of the dam line for most of the
females in the breeding program, and being the namesake for the breed.
Her "Pixie dust" was the leavening for Carol Ann Brewer¹s, Stone Island
Cattery in Bellingham, Washington, the founder of the breed. Carol said,
"Pixie had such a wild beauty that I knew I couldn¹t stand not having
her face around for the rest of my life." With three more "Legend Cats"
from local places were added to the program, which resulted in the
Pixie-Bob breed.

--
-
Emmi H.

and i have to add that these cats have the greatest personalities.

if you are looking for a cat with dog-like qualities, you can't beat the
pixie bob

whit

Old 28-10-2004, 06:08 PM
REDSOXROOL

"Emmi H." wrote in message
In article ,
"REDSOXROOL" wrote:

"Emmi H." wrote in message
In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message
"Emmi H." wrote in message

[...]

You might want to do a bit more research, whit.

Pixie-Bobs are very social creatures, much more so than your
run-of-the-mill domestic house cat, and probably wouldn't take too
kindly to being 'abandoned' for days at a time.

You *could* always get two of 'em so they have each others company,
though.

that was exactly what i was planning. i am going to get two cats.

i was thinking either two pixies, or a pixie and a shelter cat

i am leaning towards the latter choice, because i want to give a shelter cat
a home. i;m not worried about pixies being euthanized, but i know it's a
reality for shelter cats.

Check out Dart and Chance on this page:

http://www.pixie-bobs.net/availadult.html

Those two just might be a perfect match for you.

--

those are appealing

whit

-

Old 29-10-2004, 06:35 PM
mariposas morgan mair fheal greykitten tomys des a

In article ,
"M.C. Mullen" wrote:

Sweet cat!
The message is: Please, please buy me some mint treats so that I don't have
to rely on toothpaste any longer!
Listen to your cat!

or wash things before puting them in your mouth

careful acts that spring
allow realized ego
to a mindful end
arf meow arf
peers use parks sadly
earls now dwell on wane or fro
take all law on next

Old 29-10-2004, 08:27 PM
starlord

They have MANX gene's in their background. That's where the short tail comes
from and as such they carry the manx faulted genes.

Totaly unlike my Japanese Bobtails which carry no such genes.

Akumaizer Cattery
Japanese Bobtails since 1974

--

The Forgotten
http://home.inreach.com/starlord/forgotten.htm

SIAR
http://starlords.netfirms.com
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.netfirms.com/

"REDSOXROOL" wrote in message

---

Old 30-10-2004, 02:33 AM
=The Commentator =

"Emmi H." wrote:

In article ,
DrPostman wrote:

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:51:23 -0700, "Emmi H."
wrote:

In article , "Ribo"
wrote:

"AM" wrote in message

[...]

I'll be darned, sounds like a really neat critter!
Old 30-10-2004, 10:00 AM
DrPostman

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 18:33:46 -0700, =The Commentator =
wrote:

I'll be darned, sounds like a really neat critter!

Agreed. I am happy with the two I got almost 2 years ago, but
I might be interested in getting one if I ever lose them.

Old 30-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Doug Kanter

I'm looking for a cat like the one I left with my ex-wife & son:

Three weeks after being declawed (front paws only), she escaped from the
house and ripped the bejeezus out of another cat. Many years later, they
have some sort of understanding. Became a semi-outdoor cat, but stays on the
property. However, if my son goes skateboarding, she stalks him from behind
bushes up & down the street, but stays out of the street and always returns
home when he does. Got beat up by a squirrel once, and now chases them only
for sport. When bulbs are planted on that property, they stay planted. Makes
all sorts of noise if she notices anything moving outdoors at night. Not
enough noise for someone outside to hear, but enough for people to be aware
of something going on. If someone could isolate THAT gene, they could breed
and sell cats like that to every gun owner in America.

At age 3, she was lounging on the picnic table when a stray Great Dane
trotted over to sniff her. She sent it home with a large gash that required
stitches to repair. I have no idea how, since she only had claws in back. We
just heard a snarl, a bark, and saw the bloody dog as it turned to leave.
Whatever the case, any cat that'll redesign a dog's face just for fun is a
valuable cat to have. Incidentally, the dog catcher agreed to not fine the
owner for the stray violation (apparently the 2nd violation), if the owner
didn't bug us for money to cover the stitches.

The only cat food she'll eat is plain, dry Purina. She'll suggest that
people share tuna or salmon with her, and insists on being given about 1/4
of a slice of cheese once every couple of weeks. She's now 10 years old. The
vet says she's the healthiest cat she's ever seen. Indoors, she's still as
playful and affectionate as when she was a kitten. Totally schizophrenic.
The perfect cat.

Old 05-11-2004, 06:30 AM
=The Commentator =

wrote:

I'll be darned, sounds like a really neat critter!

Agreed. I am happy with the two I got almost 2 years ago, but
I might be interested in getting one if I ever lose them.

Are they noisy? Had a friend with a Siamese, and while I like cats ( I
better, we have five) the near constant howling got a little much after
awhile.