Old 13-11-2004, 01:49 PM
JCMumsie

Default Snow!

Plowable snow here this morning in Central Ct. - gardening season is over
Old 13-11-2004, 03:20 PM

central WHERE??????

ojunk (JCMumsie) wrote:

Plowable snow here this morning in Central Ct. - gardening season is over

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 13-11-2004, 03:53 PM
madgardener

wow..........and here I'm waiting for that first really hard freeze to kill
the perennials. I've never seen it take this long before here in Eastern
Tennessee, and in Middle Tennessee, it would have already come by now.
madgardener

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Old 13-11-2004, 03:53 PM
madgardener

Connecticut

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.
All things are bound together.
All things connect." Chief Seattle
wrote in message
central WHERE??????

ojunk (JCMumsie) wrote:

Plowable snow here this morning in Central Ct. - gardening season is over

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 13-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Tom Randy

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 13:49:26 +0000, JCMumsie wrote:

Plowable snow here this morning in Central Ct. - gardening season is over

We got 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the Hudson Valley of NY...

Old 13-11-2004, 11:02 PM
Ann

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

And everyone has forgotten how to drive? I certainly noticed a few people
that didn't own snow scrappers on the roads.....

What amazes me is that snow makes headlines here in New England. I'm
sure the snow will be the lead story on the news tonight, people are
continually surprised, I guess, when it snows in winter around here!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 14-11-2004, 12:12 AM
Steve Wolfe

Yep, 4" here, plows are out, trees are coated with white....it's
gorgeous! )

When I got my russian shepherd puppies early this year, everything was
covered in snow, and they LOVED it. They'd play in the snow. Then to rest,
forget the warm, cozy indoors, they'd go lay in the snow to rest. They would
NOT walk on the sidewalk - only the snow. When the snow started receding a
few months later, they weren't sure of all of that other stuff that became
visible. For a short while, they wouldn't even walk or go to the bathroom
on that weird "ground" that they'd never seen before. Then, of course, came
spring, and they soon learned that sniffing the ground, eating grass, and
chasing bugs were pretty fun, too.

So, a few weeks ago when we got the first small snow storm of the yar, we
woke them up during the night and took them outside to see the world "as it
should be" again. They walked out the door, froze in place, looked around
with expressions of mixed surprise, awe, and delight - and then went CRAZY
running and playing in it. It may have only been 3/4", but it was heaven to
them.

And everyone has forgotten how to drive? I certainly noticed a few people
that didn't own snow scrappers on the roads.....

Around here, people are complete idiots about driving in the snow for the
first two snowfalls, then they suddenly remember how to go about it sensibly
for the rest of the winter. Yet the next year, for the first two snowfalls,
they're complete idiots once again.

steve

Old 14-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Marg

We got 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the Hudson Valley of NY...

I'm also here in the Hudson Valley. Nice to meet you Tom.
Old 14-11-2004, 01:39 PM
LFR

"Ann" wrote in message
Cheryl Isaak expounded:

And everyone has forgotten how to drive? I certainly noticed a few people
that didn't own snow scrappers on the roads.....

What amazes me is that snow makes headlines here in New England. I'm
sure the snow will be the lead story on the news tonight, people are
continually surprised, I guess, when it snows in winter around here!

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
********************************

Ann,

What you say is SO TRUE. One would think that New Englanders would come to
expect snow when the weather turns cold. Let me tell you about people who
don't know how to drive...PERIOD. I moved from Massachusetts to
southeastern Virginia. It's totally amazing here...Rain, Sunshine,
Snow...doesn't matter...there's generally at least one major accident a day
in this area. Last week I saw a vehicle that had flipped on it's roof on
the interstate on an absolutely beautiful, cloud-free sunshiney day. When
it snows, things get cancelled. Four inches can shut this area down for a
day. I'm hoping for a little snow. My dogs love to play in the snow...when
we get some. One of them I brought down with me so she's had the pleasure
of playing in snow after a major dump (12-24 inches).

Lynn

Old 14-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Tom Randy

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 04:46:05 -0800, Marg wrote:

We got 1 1/2 to 2 inches in the Hudson Valley of NY...

I'm also here in the Hudson Valley. Nice to meet you Tom.

Same here Marg! Small world!

Old 15-11-2004, 03:24 AM
SVTKate

I'm in West Tennessee and we haven't had it yet either. The darn grass is
still growing and I already winterized my mower!

--
Kate
98 Cobra Drop Top