Old 28-11-2004, 10:58 PM
GoHorns

Default Grub Worms Prevention Treatment

What would one recommend to pretreat my lawn with for the prevention of grub
worms?

Thanks,
Robert

Old 29-11-2004, 02:07 AM
Pam - gardengal

"GoHorns" wrote in message
What would one recommend to pretreat my lawn with for the prevention of

grub
worms?

Thanks,
Robert

Doesn't work that way - you can't pretreat for an insect problem which may
or may not exist. Keep your lawn in good health and avoid over fertilizing
and over watering, both of which create environments conducive to grubs.
Monitor during the growing season and if grubs are detected in sufficient
populations, treat with a biocontrol like milky spore or nematodes.

pam - gardengal

Old 30-11-2004, 03:53 AM
SAS567

What would one recommend to pretreat my lawn with for the prevention of grub
worms?

We tried GrubX but it didn't work.
Old 30-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Alan Sung

"SAS567" wrote in message
What would one recommend to pretreat my lawn with for the prevention of

grub
worms?

We tried GrubX but it didn't work.

If you are going to put a chemical down, you want something containing Merit
(Imidacloprid). GrubEx no longer contains Merit as it did in earlier
versions. It now contains halofenozide. It is also important to know when to
apply this to your lawn. It is most effective on immature larvae so you want
to apply it right before or right after the grubs hatch out of their eggs.

-al sung
Hopkinton, MA
(Zone 6a)

[IMG] code is On

"Army Worms", "Bag Worms", ?? Chrissie Texas 0 22-06-2007 06:13 AM
Stag beetle grub or white grub? kenty;\) United Kingdom 3 20-06-2006 02:56 PM
Grub prevention/treatment? Mike Lawns 5 15-04-2005 10:32 PM
Grub Worms Stephen & Erica Chenelle Lawns 11 13-11-2003 12:02 PM
grub control - spring and summer treatment needed? Rene Wong Lawns 12 10-05-2003 09:56 PM