Old 16-01-2005, 12:10 AM
Aunty Kreist

Default Wysteria question

What is the proper way to go about growing Wysteria from seeds? Should I
nick the shell and wrap in a moist cloth first? I can't find much info on
starting from seed, and most nurseries sell only live root plants.

I'm anxious to try and do this, I have about 15 huge seeds, I'd love to
succeed with.

Thanks!

Old 16-01-2005, 01:10 AM

I just potted mine up the seed coats didn't seem to be all that hard. I
had decent germination and the seedlings are strong.
Just think from seed to bloom in 15 or 20 years!

Old 16-01-2005, 02:23 AM
Aunty Kreist

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just potted mine up the seed coats didn't seem to be all that hard. I
had decent germination and the seedlings are strong.

Well this certainly is good news! Okie-dokie, I'll try a few "as is" and
see what we get.

Just think from seed to bloom in 15 or 20 years!

Terrible, isn't it? Heh.

I have a few Dragon's Blood Tree seeds too...directions say it takes about
20 years for that too. Most unfortunate!

Thanks for the info.

Old 17-01-2005, 10:58 PM

When I first saw the plant I didn't recognize it as a wisteria, it had
cream colored blossums and had been pruned as a standard for perhaps
100 yrs. I picked up a few seed pods.
A few weels later some realtor had cut them down and paved over them,
I'd have been willing to pay for and remove them.

[IMG] code is On

wysteria tree wyn North Carolina 0 08-07-2003 06:56 PM
wysteria vines and trees Lance R. North Carolina 4 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
wysteria vines and trees Lance R. North Carolina 4 11-04-2003 06:20 PM
wysteria won't bloom Karen Corbin Gardening 3 23-02-2003 05:03 PM
wysteria roots - can I lop them at will? Katharine Mill United Kingdom 0 29-01-2003 01:36 PM