Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered User

Smile Looking for help on garden sheds!!!

Hello,
Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in Product Design and for my final project I am loooking into the design of garden sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is styled to fit in with the modern garden design currently becoming popular.
To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would take the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly greatfull and it would help a great deal.
Thankyou very much
Chris
P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee

Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users

Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough approximation sq m)

Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in your garden?

General Storage
Summer House
Annex
Workshop
Bike Storage
Potting Shed
Other…………

Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used to store if any?

Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding shelves, storage aids or work benches?

Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?

Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or Traditional?

Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your garden?

Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers when dealing with large objects such as garden furniture, lawnmowers etc?

1 2 3 4 5
Very Good Very Bad

Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?

Thankyou very much for your time!
Old 08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Phil L

ccoath wrote:
:: Hello,
:: Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in
:: Product Design and for my final project I am loooking into the
:: design of garden sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that is
:: styled to fit in with the modern garden design currently becoming
:: popular.
:: To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design to
:: create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners would
:: take the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would be truly
:: greatfull and it would help a great deal.
:: Thankyou very much
:: Chris
:: P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee
::
::
:: Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users
::
::
:: Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough
:: approximation sq m)
::
I presume yo mean floor area? - approx 4 X 3

:: Q2: What is the main function of the shed that you own or use in
:: your garden?
::
:: General Storage
:: Summer House
:: Annex
:: Workshop
:: Bike Storage
:: Potting Shed
:: Other…………
::
General storage of crap that has nowhere else to be stored.

:: Q3: What are the main objects/products that the structure is used
:: to store if any?

Rusty paint tins which once held water to keep the paintbrushes from drying
out, with which you could now use to knock nails in.
A bag of tentpegs from a tent I once owned.
Large roll of polythene sheeting.
Buckets, boxes, pieces of wood, glass jars of rust which were once screws or
nails (see paintbrush)

:: Q4: Have you customised the structure since purchase by adding
:: shelves, storage aids or work benches?

It's a brick shed with concrete roof, it's been painted white inside to
highlight the spiders better.

:: Q5: What are the customisations that have been made if any?
::
Electricity added.

:: Q6: Would you say the styling of your garden is; Modern or
:: Traditional?

Traditional.

::
:: Q7: Is your structure suitably styled to fit in with that of your
:: garden?

It's a carbuncle but the council won't let us knock it down.

::
:: Q8: How would you rate the access that your current shed offers
:: when dealing with large objects such as garden furniture,
:: lawnmowers etc?
::
:: 1 2 3 4 5
:: Very Good Very Bad

About 4.

::
:: Q9: Please describe the atmosphere within your shed in three words?
::

damp spider hole

HTH
--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/

Old 08-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Alan Holmes

"Phil L" wrote in message
k...
ccoath wrote:
[...]

That's a very small garden!

--
alan

reply to alan(dot)holmes27(at)virgin(dot)net

Old 08-02-2005, 11:13 PM
Phil L

Alan Holmes wrote:
:: "Phil L" wrote in message
:: k...
::: ccoath wrote:
::::: Hello,
::::: Im a student studying at Southampton University for a degree in
::::: Product Design and for my final project I am loooking into the
::::: design of garden sheds. My aim is to produce a new product that
::::: is styled to fit in with the modern garden design currently
::::: becoming popular.
::::: To understand exactly what I need to incorporate into my design
::::: to create a successful product I was hoping some keen gardeners
::::: would take the time to fill out a questionairre for me. I would
::::: be truly greatfull and it would help a great deal.
::::: Thankyou very much
::::: Chris
::::: P.s Il let u know what I come up with heehee
:::::
:::::
::::: Questionnaire for Current Shed Owners and Users
:::::
:::::
::::: Q1: How big is your garden or the garden that you use? (Rough
::::: approximation sq m)
:::::
::: I presume yo mean floor area? - approx 4 X 3
:::
::
:: That's a very small garden!
::

I assumed he knew I was talking sq rods.
:-p

--

http://www.blueyonder256k.myby.co.uk/

Garden sheds Sacha United Kingdom 0 15-05-2005 04:00 PM
Looking for help in the study of garden sheds ccoath United Kingdom 3 09-02-2005 07:56 AM
Looking for help with garden sheds ccoath Gardening 3 09-02-2005 02:05 AM
Garden Sheds alfie United Kingdom 3 16-09-2004 09:58 AM
How do garden sheds fail? Steve Harris United Kingdom 30 04-05-2004 01:06 PM