Old 09-02-2005, 12:23 AM
KOS

Default Geranium question

Hello. I have a geranium that I brought from the outside to my house in
November. I have noticed that it flowers sometimes - not that often, it
is in a sun room. SHould I trim the plant? - that is cut it down?
Please advise on how to care. Thanks

Old 09-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Grif Nordling

"KOS" wrote in message roups.com...
Hello. I have a geranium that I brought from the outside to my house in
November. I have noticed that it flowers sometimes - not that often, it
is in a sun room. SHould I trim the plant? - that is cut it down?
Please advise on how to care. Thanks

Pull the plant out of the pot, shake all the dirt off the roots and
put the plant in a brown paper bag. Hang the bag upside down in your
basement or other suitable cool, dry place. When warm weather arrives
simply re-plant your geranium.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Volfie, Owner, GizzMutt Stables

"KOS" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello. I have a geranium that I brought from the outside to my house in
November. I have noticed that it flowers sometimes - not that often, it
is in a sun room. SHould I trim the plant? - that is cut it down?
Please advise on how to care. Thanks

I pinch back my house geraniums when they get too leggy and/or to make them
bushier and more compact. I feed them 1/4 of the regular dose of plant food
every time I water just like I do my other houseplants except for a few
months in the winter which is rest time. Once they get used to the indoors,
they bloom pretty continuously, I've found. I have some favorites on the
window sill from three summers ago. My geraniums are in an east window.

In the summer they bloom so much that the hummingbirds beat on the glass
trying to get to them.

Giselle

Old 12-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Kaygee

I take cuttings of all my geraniums plus I continue the old plant for more
cuttings as they grow.

[IMG] code is On

geranium question Craven United Kingdom 3 28-03-2011 09:32 PM
Geranium question. KOS Gardening 5 05-06-2006 11:47 PM
Geranium question- too big (in planter) KOS Gardening 3 30-05-2005 01:00 PM
New subscriber and a geranium question Eugene Gilmartin United Kingdom 24 26-02-2004 08:56 PM