Old 05-06-2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens
KOS

Default Geranium question.

hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Located in the N. East part of the USA
Thanks!
KOS

Old 05-06-2006, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens
Sue Burnham

"KOS" wrote in message
oups.com...
hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Located in the N. East part of the USA
Thanks!
KOS

Please, Don't fertilize, especially with nitrogen. Pelargoniums mostly
prefer warm, dry, and potbound for best flowering. Dark, damp, wet
conditions just make them put out leaf growth. They will flower when the
weather settles.

Sue
Western Maine

Old 05-06-2006, 04:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"KOS" wrote in message
oups.com...
hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Located in the N. East part of the USA
Thanks!
KOS

I'm curious: Where did you get the idea of adding nitrogen?

Old 05-06-2006, 04:50 AM posted to rec.gardens
Myrl Jeffcoat

I have several pots of Geraniums that haven't been repotted in a couple
of years. I just sprinkle them with a little Miracle Gro. Right now
they are blooming like crazy.

I live in Northern California. Our plants, trees, and bushes, are just
now coming out of the long belated Winter we had.

I saw that there was snow last week in New York. . .So it may be the
weather that is affecting your's.

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Old 05-06-2006, 04:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Mindful

"KOS" wrote in message
oups.com...
hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Located in the N. East part of the USA
Thanks!
KOS

I use either Miracle Grow on mine or Expert Bloom Burst as soon as I put
them outside after the last frost date here. They're soon blooming. That
is both scented and regular geraniums. Scented bloom a bit later than the
regulars. All like full sun with good air circulation. I use a fertilizer
high in phosphorus or phosphate, not nitrogen.

Old 05-06-2006, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
Johnny Borborigmi

On 2006-06-04 20:36:07 -0400, "KOS" said:

hello,
I have a few pots of geraniums and I noticed that they are not
flowering. (not the scented variety). Appearance-wise- the plants look
very healthy. Lots of green leaves- but no flowers.

Should I add some type of nitrogen food? what appears to be the
problem?

Nitrogen is for leaf growth, not flowers. Use a 10-10-10 or 20-20-20 or
Miracle grow. Does it get enough sunlight?

[IMG] code is On

geranium question Craven United Kingdom 3 28-03-2011 09:32 PM
Geranium question- too big (in planter) KOS Gardening 3 30-05-2005 01:00 PM
Geranium question KOS Gardening 3 12-02-2005 12:18 AM
New subscriber and a geranium question Eugene Gilmartin United Kingdom 24 26-02-2004 08:56 PM