Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Theoneflasehaddock

Default Spring is nearly sprung

Kethera wrote:
Greetings,

"Aunty Kreist" wrote in message

Know what I found helps really well, especially with getting rid of

aphids?

About a tablespoon of dish soap, mixed with water in a spritzer,

spray the
plants- it doesn't hurt the plant, but deters bugs.

I had heard of this but had never tried it, I would just spray with

the
water hose and it would take a couple of days for the little aphids

to show
up again. I think someone else suggested growing mint plants near

rose
bushes and the mints kept away some insect pests, but I can't vow for

the
accuracy of this. Anyone else tried it?
I should try the dish soap/water spritzer concoction on my herbs as

well.
See if it helps them too. I've also heard about shaking on some

garlic
powder on certain herbs and veggies to deter some animal pests (ex:

bunnies)
from munching on them.
Ciao,
Kethera

Try spraying dish soap on herbs? What exactly do you use the herbs for?

Psst, want a little soap with your basil? I'll bet that dish soap
tastes great in tomato sauce.

-
theoneflasehaddock

[IMG] code is On

spring has sprung! culprit Gardening 4 06-02-2005 05:33 PM
Spring has sprung... Grandpa Edible Gardening 11 24-02-2004 04:14 AM
Spring has sprung... Grandpa Gardening 13 24-02-2004 04:12 AM
Spring is sprung Part 2 martin United Kingdom 8 17-02-2004 01:51 PM
Spring has Sprung!! Brian Gardening 21 21-01-2004 11:32 PM