Old 01-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Theoneflasehaddock

Default Spring is nearly sprung

Kethera wrote:
Greetings,

"Aunty Kreist" wrote in message

Know what I found helps really well, especially with getting rid of

aphids?

About a tablespoon of dish soap, mixed with water in a spritzer,

spray the
plants- it doesn't hurt the plant, but deters bugs.

I had heard of this but had never tried it, I would just spray with

the
water hose and it would take a couple of days for the little aphids

to show
up again. I think someone else suggested growing mint plants near

rose
bushes and the mints kept away some insect pests, but I can't vow for

the
accuracy of this. Anyone else tried it?
I should try the dish soap/water spritzer concoction on my herbs as

well.
See if it helps them too. I've also heard about shaking on some

garlic
powder on certain herbs and veggies to deter some animal pests (ex:

bunnies)
from munching on them.
Ciao,
Kethera

Try spraying dish soap on herbs? What exactly do you use the herbs for?

Psst, want a little soap with your basil? I'll bet that dish soap
tastes great in tomato sauce.

-
theoneflasehaddock

Old 01-03-2005, 07:19 PM
Shez

In article .com,
Theoneflasehaddock writes
Kethera wrote:
[...]

The rain washes it off, and so douse the tap water, you do wash your
garden produce when you bring it in don't you Flase.

--
Shez
Shez's Garden at
Old 01-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Aunty Kreist

"Theoneflasehaddock" wrote in message
oups.com...
Kethera wrote:
[...]

It's the secret ingredient.

Old 02-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Kethera

"Theoneflasehaddock" wrote in message
oups.com...

Try spraying dish soap on herbs? What exactly do you use the herbs for?

Psst, want a little soap with your basil? I'll bet that dish soap
tastes great in tomato sauce.

Well, I wouldn't be pouring dish soap on, I would be spraying on a
dishsoap and water combination on them. And as someone already pointed out,
I would rinse them off before utilizing them.
Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work, some for
decorative scenting (satchels, pot pourri, etc.).
Even if I didn't spray soap on them I would still want to wash them off
prior to consumption as there are a lot of various animal and insect pests
that visit the garden. Plus neighbour cats prowl around and sometimes
utilize the garden as something other then what I intended it for, so for
sanity sake it is imperative to clean off all herbs, fruit and veggies I or
my family intend to imbibe. :-)
Take care,
Kethera

Old 03-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Answers

Questions wrote in
:

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:10:40 GMT, "Kethera" wrote:

Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work

Cross posting from alt.religion.wicca to rec.gardens is a tad weird,
but being in wicca or any religious cult is weird anyway.

Please, keep your hocus-pokus crap where it belongs, not in a
newsgroup for gardeners. If some person from alt.pedophile posts that
they use lettuce for garnishing their victims genitalia, it doesn't
mean that gardeners should have to listen to their crap either.

Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull. You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Or you could just crawl back into whatever brainwashed Jerry Falwell hole
you came out of. And stop trying sodomize yourself with lettuce. Read
and understand: Although you are a big ass, that does not mean your ass
is big. Your mouth is big, put the lettuce there.

Vengefully yours,

God

Old 03-03-2005, 01:10 AM
Shez

In article , Questions
writes
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:10:40 GMT, "Kethera" wrote:

Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work

Cross posting from alt.religion.wicca to rec.gardens is a tad weird,
but being in wicca or any religious cult is weird anyway.

Please, keep your hocus-pokus crap where it belongs, not in a
newsgroup for gardeners. If some person from alt.pedophile posts that
they use lettuce for garnishing their victims genitalia, it doesn't
mean that gardeners should have to listen to their crap either.

Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull. You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Amazing a gardener who doesn't love horse pucky... best thing in the
world for roses... cant get enough of it personally..
Don't tell me you buy that dreadful commercial fertilizer in bottles and
packets.. Your Garden is to pretty for a compost heap, and you throw the
lawn cuttings in the dustbin...

A gardener is a gardener no matter what their spiritual or religious
choices are. The one thing they always have in common is gardens.

You are nearer to God in a garden than anywhere else on earth....

Please note it doesn't mention which god..

Old 03-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Kethera

"Questions" wrote in message
Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull. You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Well, I didn't actually start the cross-post, that was
"theoneflasehaddock", and in fact I removed the reply to some
alt.conspiracy.jfk that he'd placed on the message as I totally didn't see
the relevance. Rec.gardens on the other hand... I felt it may not be out of
place to reply here.
My posting was not an attempt to promote my personal practices on anyone,
merely a reply to a topic that even gardeners might have suggestions to. In
fact, I didn't even mention Wicca, you just assumed because of where else I
was posting to.
I'm sorry you are offended but I'm not sorry for posting. What are your
suggestions for keeping insect pests out of the garden?
Goddess Bless,
Kethera

Old 03-03-2005, 06:14 AM
Jani

"Questions" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:10:40 GMT, "Kethera" wrote:

Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work

Cross posting from alt.religion.wicca to rec.gardens is a tad weird,
but being in wicca or any religious cult is weird anyway.

Please, keep your hocus-pokus crap where it belongs, not in a
newsgroup for gardeners. If some person from alt.pedophile posts that
they use lettuce for garnishing their victims genitalia, it doesn't
mean that gardeners should have to listen to their crap either.

Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull. You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Do you try and stop people of any other religion from posting to your
newsgroup, or is your bigotry reserved solely for Wiccans?

Jani

Old 03-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Kethera

Greetings Shez,

"Shez" wrote in message
In article , Questions
writes
Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull. You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Amazing a gardener who doesn't love horse pucky... best thing in the
world for roses... cant get enough of it personally..

This reminds me of something that was JUST in our local newspaper.
Someone had written in to complain that dog owners had to pick up after
their companions but that the people who ride horses around town weren't
required to clean up after them. Now... I live in a town with a lot of
rural businesses like fishing, farming, etc. and horses are just one of the
familiar animals one sees around here, however you rarely see riders on the
back farm roads, and almost never in town. I couldn't understand what this
person was complaining about.
Since I was very young my mother and grandmother would go out and collect
the horse droppings with a shovel and bucket and spread it around our
gardens. We'd treat it like a gift. Heck, most people have to go and BUY
manure for their gardens.
Anyways... someone else wrote back to the paper to ask what that person's
problem was and gave their name in case the complainer saw any more poop so
that they could call and they'd go and get it themselves. It made me smile.

Don't tell me you buy that dreadful commercial fertilizer in bottles and
packets.. Your Garden is to pretty for a compost heap, and you throw the
lawn cuttings in the dustbin...

I've never used commercial fertilizer. My daughter collects my used tea
leaves and egg shells plus all our other veggie/fruit waste to compost
outside. I've also never thrown out lawn cuttings. We do have another
great thing here where I live... we have compostable pick-up once a month
from spring until roughly November, sometimes December. So all cut vines,
bushes, tree limbs, dead house plants, etc., even lawn cuttings if people
choose to, will be collected, no limits, and taken to our local landfill
site (this is NOT a garbage dump). Then once a year in spring the locals
can go and collect compost from there for free to use in their gardens.
Otherwise it is sold around the lower mainland.

A gardener is a gardener no matter what their spiritual or religious
choices are. The one thing they always have in common is gardens.

I'm not a professional gardener by any stretch of the imagination. But I
love my simple garden, my flowers, herbs, fruit trees, and small veggie
patch. I have to admit, though, it was outside among the trees that I, as a
youth, really felt a connection with the devine. So I suppose my gardening
is a means of spiritual connection for me, but it's not the ONLY reason I do
it. Even if it was, what's wrong with that?

You are nearer to God in a garden than anywhere else on earth....
Please note it doesn't mention which god..

Well, I honestly feel that way. Especially when I get down on my hands
and knees and really start digging around in the dirt, trimming, grooming or
just checking things out for pleasure, I enter such a state of peace. An
almost zen-like state occurs, I love it.
Bright Blessings,
Kethera

Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Ann

Questions expounded:

Cross posting from alt.religion.wicca to rec.gardens is a tad weird,
but being in wicca or any religious cult is weird anyway.

Please, keep your hocus-pokus crap where it belongs

Please keep your bigoted opinions out of all newsgroups.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts
Old 03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Rhyanon

"Questions" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 06:10:40 GMT, "Kethera" wrote:

Some of the herbs I use for cooking, some for spell work

Cross posting from alt.religion.wicca to rec.gardens is a tad weird,
but being in wicca or any religious cult is weird anyway.

Lucky for us we aren't wiccans. Or morons, like you.

Please, keep your hocus-pokus crap where it belongs, not in a
newsgroup for gardeners.

Tough shit, ****tard. We're here, choke on it.
Whatcha gonna do about it?

If some person from alt.pedophile posts that
they use lettuce for garnishing their victims genitalia, it doesn't
mean that gardeners should have to listen to their crap either.

Nobody cares what you do for jollies. Well, maybe the law, but here's hoping
the parents get you first.

Go away or stop talking about your wicca bull.

Make us, ****retch.

You insult everyone's
intelligence by just suggesting that horse pucky should be given
credence.

Disprove us, whore's spawn.

--
A link for YOU!
http://www.amishrakefight.org/gfy/

Old 03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Rhyanon

Awwwww look, it had to answer itself to get support. It's a sure sign of a
no lifer wankmeister.

"Answers" wrote in message
Questions wrote in
:

Old 03-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Shez

In article a1AVd.35380$hN1.14975@clgrps13, Kethera writes
Greetings Shez,

"Shez" wrote in message
In article , Questions
writes
[...]

That story would make me smile to, and my Grandma, and my Dad would have
been out their like a flash with a bucket and spade to... Horse manure
was a gift from heaven..

[...]

What a great idea, our city douse something similar but uses the compost
in parks and traffic Islands I wish they would open their compost heaps
to the locals... there would be a lot of happy gardeners their.
We can take our old Xmas trees to be mashed up and the wood Chipping's
can be bought for a tiny tiny amount. The local council gave everyone
with a garden a composter, a big black plastic bin with a door at the
bottom.. It reduced the amount of compostable material being added to
land fill sites by quite a lot.

One of the best tips I have for compost is to get the man in your life
to go out and water it...preferably night time, lets not shock the
neighbours male urine acts as a catalyst and the compost heap heats
up a lot quicker and composts a lot faster, its a lot cheaper than
buying chemicals to improve your compost heap...
Only men I am afraid, it doesn't work with female urine, apparently its
the hormones that men produce that do the trick.

A gardener is a gardener no matter what their spiritual or religious
choices are. The one thing they always have in common is gardens.

I'm not a professional gardener by any stretch of the imagination. But I
love my simple garden, my flowers, herbs, fruit trees, and small veggie
patch. I have to admit, though, it was outside among the trees that I, as a
youth, really felt a connection with the devine. So I suppose my gardening
is a means of spiritual connection for me, but it's not the ONLY reason I do
it. Even if it was, what's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it, a garden is always a special place to the
gardener, and that connection with the earth is relaxing, spiritually
lifting and good for your body and soul.

You are nearer to God in a garden than anywhere else on earth....
Please note it doesn't mention which god..

Well, I honestly feel that way. Especially when I get down on my hands
and knees and really start digging around in the dirt, trimming, grooming or
just checking things out for pleasure, I enter such a state of peace. An
almost zen-like state occurs, I love it.

I know what you mean, I feel much the same way.

Bright Blessings,
Kethera

Old 03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Aunty Kreist

Hey Shez-
Have a quick question.....

The #$%$@* nursey I order from has just shipped my climbing roses. They
arrived today.

What the heck? They are supposed to ship at the planting times of the zones
you live in....Dangit!

There's 6 inches of snow currently on the ground.
Will the roses be OK? They are bare root, and in very good shape. Stems are
nice and green, and the roots are very moist ( wrapped in moss).

Will they be OK if I store them for about a month? What should I do- keep
roots moist with the moss and store in a cool, dark place?

[IMG] code is On

spring has sprung! culprit Gardening 4 06-02-2005 05:33 PM
Spring has sprung... Grandpa Edible Gardening 11 24-02-2004 04:14 AM
Spring has sprung... Grandpa Gardening 13 24-02-2004 04:12 AM
Spring is sprung Part 2 martin United Kingdom 8 17-02-2004 01:51 PM
Spring has Sprung!! Brian Gardening 21 21-01-2004 11:32 PM