Old 09-03-2005, 09:21 PM
Gary & Karen

Default ph meter recomendation

Can any one recommend a ph meter that they are happy with

Thanks

Gary

Old 10-03-2005, 07:25 AM
David Hare-Scott

"Gary & Karen" wrote in message
Can any one recommend a ph meter that they are happy with

Thanks

Gary

I am not sure such a thing exists. I use a dye indicator system because it
is cheap, simple and reliable.

David

Old 10-03-2005, 10:22 AM
dps

Do you need just pH or do you need EC also? I Don't have one, but I'm
looking at a Hannah handheld. THey make a pH meter and a combo.

Old 10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:21:48 -0500, Gary & Karen wrote:
Can any one recommend a ph meter that they are happy with

Cheaper solution than a good pH meter, and in my experience more than accurate
enough for gardening, is good pH paper, like pHydrion. The 1-13 range is
fine for most purposes, runs about $6-8 for a roll that will last most folks
5 years.

Kay

Old 10-03-2005, 06:19 PM
Gary & Karen

Thanks Kay
I ordered some of the strips that you recommended.

Gary

Old 10-03-2005, 06:51 PM

Nothing beats sending a sample to your extension service, most are very
inexpensive.
Meters need to be calibrated, accurate ones are about the same price as
a rototiller.

Old 10-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Frank Logullo

wrote:
Can any one recommend a ph meter that they are happy with

Cheaper solution than a good pH meter, and in my experience more than

accurate
enough for gardening, is good pH paper, like pHydrion. The 1-13 range is
fine for most purposes, runs about $6-8 for a roll that will last most

folks
5 years.

Kay

There are also multi-range pH papers that can measure down to 0.1 unit.
I inherited a couple of sets of these from when I worked in the lab. pH
meters were finicky then and expensive and I cannot imagine your average
gardener needing one.
Frank

[IMG] code is On

Garden shredder recomendation Tony United Kingdom 1 13-02-2005 10:00 PM
Pump recomendation blove Ponds 5 10-08-2004 11:17 PM
Fluorescent tube recomendation! Paulo Marques Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 20-04-2003 06:25 AM
Fluorescent tube recomendation! Paulo Marques Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 28-03-2003 04:56 AM
Evergreen tree recomendation DAN Gardening 3 12-02-2003 01:55 AM