Old 11-05-2005, 10:09 PM
bmw

Default Early Earwig Control

I am looking for an granular/chemical product for earwigs. Is there
anything I can do to stop them before they come out? Any help would be
greatly appreciated suggestions?

Thanks!

Old 12-05-2005, 04:18 PM

Can you describe the damage that these earwigs are doing?

Old 13-05-2005, 04:46 AM
Suzy O

Yeech! Earwigs already? Or are you just anticipating their arrival?

Suzy O, Wis., Zone 5

oups.com...

Old 13-05-2005, 08:02 AM
bmw

They werent really doing damage. I just had a bunch of them in my
garage & basement. It was last August when they started showing up. I
just want to try to stop the problem BEFORE it starts.

Old 13-05-2005, 08:03 AM
bmw

Anticipating their arrival.

Old 13-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Travis

bmw wrote:
They werent really doing damage. I just had a bunch of them in my
garage & basement. It was last August when they started showing up.
I just want to try to stop the problem BEFORE it starts.

What is the problem?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 13-05-2005, 11:02 PM
bmw

The earwigs! I want them in my house. I was wonder if there was a way
to get rid of them BEFORE the start coming into the house.

Thanks!

Old 14-05-2005, 12:38 AM
paghat

In article . com, "bmw"
wrote:

The earwigs! I want them in my house.

You do?

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 14-05-2005, 08:32 AM
bmw

Oops, I DONT want them in my house!!!!

Old 14-05-2005, 01:58 PM

Vacuum them up.
No sense living in a toxic cloud over bugs that are mostly just an
esthetic issue.

Old 08-06-2005, 01:05 AM
Suzy O

Well, earwigs like cool, moist, dark places to hang out during the day,
which probably explains their presence in the garage and basement. Doubt
there's anything in the garage or basement they'd be interested in, as they
usually eat plant material. Granted, they are ishy and a lot of folks don't
want bugs in the house. Were you finding a lot of them, or one or two here
and there? If only an occasional invader in the basement, it could have
come in hiding under or in a basket of laundry or something else brought in
from outside.

Your best bet this year, before they find their way indoors, is to seal them
out. Caulk when the foundation meets the house and around all your windows
and screens. Obviously, they don't need much of an opening to find their
way inside.

If you did find a lot inside, make newspaper traps for them. Open a section
a newspaper once, so it's a long rectangle. Roll it up into a tube. Squish
one end closed and dampen. Since they like cool, dark, moist places to
spend daylight hours, check your traps in the morning. If you've caught
any, squish the other end shut and dispose.

Good luck!

Suzy O, Zone 5 Wisconsin
"Travis" wrote in message
news17he.40$pb1.20@trnddc08...
bmw wrote:
They werent really doing damage. I just had a bunch of them in my
garage & basement. It was last August when they started showing up.
I just want to try to stop the problem BEFORE it starts.

What is the problem?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

[IMG] code is On

How to prevent earwig damage to pears? Zootal[_5_] Gardening 1 13-03-2010 04:30 PM
Earwig Problems bmw Edible Gardening 7 21-05-2005 07:13 PM
Any New Earwig Advice? Fleemo Gardening 13 11-05-2004 05:04 AM
Cut Back Earwig-Chewed Butterfly Bush Again? Fleemo Gardening 0 27-04-2004 09:02 AM
I've Got An Earwig Problem Cristine Edible Gardening 5 16-05-2003 03:32 PM