Old 14-07-2005, 12:15 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:16:27 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

BTW Why not trim your posts and not waste all the bandwidth...and make
your questions easier to ferret out of the post?
Old 14-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

When compost is set up that way, you can keep better track of moisture
levels, temperature, etc. The wind row is then able to be turned onto
the empty area next to it, each row having equal amounts of space and
it is also used to keep track of which part of the compost is ready
first, etc. There are many reasons for it's importance.

Victoria
Old 14-07-2005, 12:48 AM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

BTW Why not trim your posts and not waste all the bandwidth...and make
your questions easier to ferret out of the post?

I thought the same thing, but decided bandwidth is probably a thing of
the past! LOL. I should have read your response first and I would
have wasted less.

Old 14-07-2005, 08:33 AM
Travis

wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

It is the most effective way to culture the biology and manage the
thermophilic processes needed to truly finish the compost.

Does one need to be more specific or is just saying "wind rows" let
everyone know all they need to know.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 14-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Travis

wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

BTW Why not trim your posts and not waste all the bandwidth...and
make your questions easier to ferret out of the post?

I could do that and if I did I would insert snip to let everyone know
where I edited the post to which I am replying.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 14-07-2005, 01:19 PM
Bourne Identity

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:33:26 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

Does one need to be more specific or is just saying "wind rows" let
everyone know all they need to know.

I was using the term when making reference to finding a source of
healthy compost. This method is used in commercial soil yards, not by
most home gardeners. Tom is a professional grounds keeper for a
rather elaborate garden, so he knew what I meant. I did think I
explained it to you, though.

It's a much larger scale of having two compost bins so you can turn
the compost over into the next bin.

[IMG] code is On

How to slow down a fast growing hedge bob United Kingdom 8 01-05-2007 05:14 PM
Slow release Fertilizer jtill Orchids 12 17-07-2006 03:02 AM
Watermelon growing slow [email protected] Edible Gardening 7 27-07-2005 12:58 PM
Yellowing and Slow Growing Pepper Plants Rade Savija Edible Gardening 6 17-03-2005 09:41 PM
Slow growing plants VRB300 Ponds 16 29-08-2003 11:12 PM