Old 12-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Travis

Bourne Identity wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 00:39:40 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

I only use it on roses. It is all gone now and won't buy any
more next year. I do use Neem oil and another Bayer product to
try to control mites on my bamboo. If anyone knows the secret to
controlling or eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Thanks

Proper watering, cultivation, fertilization, and hygiene. If you
have mites on your bamboo, they are in some major type of stress.
Major.

Victoria

Is that how you get rid of the bamboo mites on your boo?

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 12-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

I only use it on roses. It is all gone now and won't buy any
more next year. I do use Neem oil and another Bayer product to
try to control mites on my bamboo. If anyone knows the secret to
controlling or eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Thanks

Proper watering, cultivation, fertilization, and hygiene. If you
have mites on your bamboo, they are in some major type of stress.
Major.

Victoria

Is that how you get rid of the bamboo mites on your boo?

I've never had mites on bamboo. However, I water properly when
needed, I cultivate properly, fertilize appropriately and clean up
broken, damaged or dead material from the ground. The plants are also
adequetly mulched. I'm not being a smart alec, but because I'm
organic, I have much less insect problems because I have green
lacewings, and many other beneficial insects.

Victoria
Old 12-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Tom Jaszewski

wrote:

If anyone knows the secret to controlling or
eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Compost tea to develop a soil food web capable of cycling nutrients in
plant available forms...

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold
Old 12-07-2005, 02:55 PM
Tom Jaszewski

wrote:

nd another Bayer product to try to control
mites on my bamboo.

Nothing like knowing what you are spraying....
Old 12-07-2005, 03:53 PM
Travis

wrote:

[...]

How lucky you are to have mite free bamboo.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Travis

wrote:

If anyone knows the secret to controlling or
eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Compost tea to develop a soil food web capable of cycling nutrients
in
plant available forms...

I'll get right on it.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Travis

wrote:

nd another Bayer product to try to control
mites on my bamboo.

Nothing like knowing what you are spraying....

I didn't feel like going outside and reading the label.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5
Old 12-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

If anyone knows the secret to controlling or
eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Compost tea to develop a soil food web capable of cycling nutrients in
plant available forms...

Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

Tom, with all due respect, microbes exist in all healthy soils and can
be obtained with the application of healthy compost (not biosolids).
Clearly, I did not use aerobic comnpost tea in '93 and when I stepped
on a cultivator clear through my foot, I was infected with myriad
mycobacterium for 18 months.

So, while aerobic compost tea is a tool, it is not THE answer to all
gardening problems.

victoria
Old 12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

[...]

It has nothing to do with luck. Did you not just read the method I
use to make healthy the plants, which are no longer attractive to pest
insects and mites? Or, did you discount it all so you can rationalize
your use of pesticides which are outrageously toxic?

Hmmm.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Travis

wrote:

[...]

I do all those things.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5

Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:08:36 GMT, Bourne Identity
wrote:

Tom, with all due respect, microbes exist in all healthy soils

That's a good one, how many yards after years of "educated" chemical
use have "healthy soils"?

and can
be obtained with the application of healthy compost (not biosolids).

Composts can vary greatly and results like with tea can be mixed
unless we can control the biological makeup. BTW we can do that to a
point!

Clearly, I did not use aerobic comnpost tea in '93 and when I stepped
on a cultivator clear through my foot, I was infected with myriad
mycobacterium for 18 months.

I'm not sure what that proves...that mycobacterium were present
especially those that will infect humans...doesn't sound very balanced
to me! :)

So, while aerobic compost tea is a tool, it is not THE answer to all
gardening problems.

It is a major tool in soil development, and as you know disease and
insect suppression by natural methods are only possible with an
eclectic approach.

victoria

Thomas
Old 12-07-2005, 11:58 PM
paghat

wrote:

If anyone knows the secret to controlling or
eradicating bamboo mites *please* let me know.

Compost tea to develop a soil food web capable of cycling nutrients in
plant available forms...

Whadda joker.
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old 13-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Bourne Identity

wrote:

-
Tom, with all due respect, microbes exist in all healthy soils

That's a good one, how many yards after years of "educated" chemical
use have "healthy soils"?

People who used chemicals do not have healthy soils. I made that
clear. Hey, I am on your side.

and can
be obtained with the application of healthy compost (not biosolids).

Composts can vary greatly and results like with tea can be mixed
unless we can control the biological makeup. BTW we can do that to a
point!

Yes, I agree, but I also said "healthy" compost. So, what people
should learn is who is making it, what is used, was it set up in wind
rows, innoculated, etc.

Clearly, I did not use aerobic comnpost tea in '93 and when I stepped
on a cultivator clear through my foot, I was infected with myriad
mycobacterium for 18 months.

I'm not sure what that proves...that mycobacterium were present
especially those that will infect humans...doesn't sound very balanced
to me! :)

In particluar, M. abesssus chelonae and it is associated with animal
manure. My last house was built on someone's farm.

So, while aerobic compost tea is a tool, it is not THE answer to all
gardening problems.

It is a major tool in soil development, and as you know disease and
insect suppression by natural methods are only possible with an
eclectic approach.

victoria

Thomas

Of course, but as we know, people are lazy, lazy, lazy. Not only
won't people take their kitchen waste to the pile, they won't HAVE a
pile. They think it's dirty, disgusting, rotting, smells, you name
it.

I remember on these boards and the boards of Prodigy way back in the
80s when Bargyla Rateaver was called a kook and a nutcase. She PROVED
a root hair can uptake a whole molecule. I have her huge volume here.
Because she published her own work, she was discounted. She dedicated
her entire life to this work and was regarded as a nut.

I'm on your side, you know that. With aerobic tea, people simply
won't make it and when they do, they are probably making it
incorrectly so it's useless for their intentions. That, was my point,
actually. Devil's advocate, so to speak.

Victoria
Old 13-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Travis

wrote:

-
Tom, with all due respect, microbes exist in all healthy soils

That's a good one, how many yards after years of "educated"
chemical use have "healthy soils"?

People who used chemicals do not have healthy soils. I made that
clear. Hey, I am on your side.

and can
be obtained with the application of healthy compost (not
biosolids).

Composts can vary greatly and results like with tea can be mixed
unless we can control the biological makeup. BTW we can do that
to a point!

Yes, I agree, but I also said "healthy" compost. So, what people
should learn is who is making it, what is used, was it set up in
wind rows, innoculated, etc.

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

Old 14-07-2005, 12:14 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 17:16:27 GMT, "Travis"
wrote:

How is setting up compost in wind rows important?

It is the most effective way to culture the biology and manage the
thermophilic processes needed to truly finish the compost.

[IMG] code is On

How to slow down a fast growing hedge bob United Kingdom 8 01-05-2007 05:14 PM
Slow release Fertilizer jtill Orchids 12 17-07-2006 03:02 AM
Watermelon growing slow [email protected] Edible Gardening 7 27-07-2005 12:58 PM
Yellowing and Slow Growing Pepper Plants Rade Savija Edible Gardening 6 17-03-2005 09:41 PM
Slow growing plants VRB300 Ponds 16 29-08-2003 11:12 PM