Old 08-07-2005, 05:23 PM
Craig

Default Flea Beetle Problem

I have something tearing up my broccoli plants.
This morning there were a lot of these very small beetles on them,
about the size of a pin head. Black yet shined in the sun.

I was told that these are flea beetles and will destroy entire
plants.

Someone suggested I use Dusting Sulfur on them,

Any suggestions in getting rid of these beetles.

Thank You
Craig

Old 08-07-2005, 07:00 PM
simy1

in my garden, these things prefer members of the mustard family,
notably arugula and tatsoi, and leave the brassicas wirtually
untouched. so you could consider a trap crop nearby or interplanted
with the broccoli.

Old 08-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Craig

I've got radishes right next to the broccoli and around the garden,
these bugs have torn through those as well now.

I think radishes would have been a good trap crop.

Craig

[IMG] code is On

Solution for flea problem Guv Bob[_2_] Lawns 3 09-12-2012 12:59 AM
flea beetle problems Ook Gardening 3 15-05-2007 07:54 PM
Flea Beetle remedy anyone? Bertie Doe United Kingdom 5 24-04-2007 04:39 PM
flea beetle thehams United Kingdom 2 02-05-2006 12:35 AM
Yikes! Corn Flea Beetles Phaedrine Stonebridge Edible Gardening 6 07-08-2003 09:02 PM