Old 10-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Lobo

Default pines & raspberries

I recall reading something about not planting raspberries with pine trees
and now I can't find it. Anyone know the reason? Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-07-2005, 04:36 AM
B & J

"Lobo" wrote in message
I recall reading something about not planting raspberries with pine trees
and now I can't find it. Anyone know the reason? Thanks.

Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.

Raspberries do develop rust. Perhaps I'm wrong but I've never heard of
raspberries being an alternate host of diseases affecting pines. We had
thickets of wild raspberries growing around pines in northern MN, and none
of the pines seemed to suffer any ill effects.

BTW, gooseberries and currents are an alternate host for white pine blister
rust, and cedars are an alternate host for apple rust.

JPS