Old 20-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Ben Griffin

Default [IBC] Junipers and pines in sun

Hi everyone its been awhile since ive posted "busy
with early spring chores". Just a quick easily
answered question. I probably should already know
this but here goes. I am looking at moving to a new
building here in the city. Some of the ones i have
looked at only have north light. Would my pines and
junipers survive in that low light atmosphere with
only maybe 1 or 2 hours of direct sunlight a day? If
they would and just not thrive what would be the
consequences of the low light.

Thanks
Ben

http://platinum.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Ben Griffin

so they wouldn't die they would just become ugly.
Well can't have that happen so i will scratch that
idea.

Ben

http://platinum.yahoo.com

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Hi everyone its been awhile since ive posted "busy
with early spring chores". Just a quick easily
answered question. I probably should already know
this but here goes. I am looking at moving to a new
building here in the city. Some of the ones i have
looked at only have north light. Would my pines and
junipers survive in that low light atmosphere with
only maybe 1 or 2 hours of direct sunlight a day? If
they would and just not thrive what would be the
consequences of the low light.

The junipers would probably do OK. The pines would suffer.
Yellowed needles, longer-than-normal needles, and general ennui.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++
Old 20-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Craig Cowing

Ben Griffin wrote:

Hi everyone its been awhile since ive posted "busy
with early spring chores". Just a quick easily
answered question. I probably should already know
this but here goes. I am looking at moving to a new
building here in the city. Some of the ones i have
looked at only have north light. Would my pines and
junipers survive in that low light atmosphere with
only maybe 1 or 2 hours of direct sunlight a day? If
they would and just not thrive what would be the
consequences of the low light.

Thanks
Ben

I suspect they might survive, but not thrive. The consequences would probably be
anemic growth.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

Sun without Sun. Erik Orchids 8 03-02-2006 09:51 PM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 10:18 AM
[IBC] Fwd: [IBC] Miniature Mugo Pines Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 18-04-2005 02:54 AM
[IBC] Junipers and the Weather - [IBC] The Flood Chriss Flagg Bonsai 0 09-06-2003 05:44 PM
[IBC] New member - Question on junipers Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 10-02-2003 08:25 PM