Old 21-07-2005, 09:47 PM
travelinmatt

Default Lawncare

Take the information for what it is worth and don't worry that a
company sent it out.

1. If you want to prevent grubs, now is the time to appy the products
to do so. It helps with the environment because treating now with the
specific product for grubs is a lot less toxic than treating after they
are already doing damage to the turf and the lawn company has to use a
general pest control that kills a lot more insects including the
beneficial ones.

2. Webworms are all over the south. Rather than let them do any further
damage to very expensive trees in your landscape, get them sprayed.
There are a lot of very environmentally responsible ways to treat the
infestations. Just treat them so you don't lose your investments.

3. Fall is fast approaching. The best time to seed a good local blend
of fescue varieties. If you have shady, thin, bare, or existing fescue
areas then it will be time to seed in September. It's not cheap or easy
work so you should start to prepare the soil for better germination
rates. Yes I should use spellcheck more.

4. A soil test from a local reputable lawn company or extension office
will check for your pH. If the soil pH is too hi or low then the plant
investments in your landscape including your turfgrass will not be able
to absorb the correct nutrients it needs to remain healthy. If you have
had a pH test with bad results then late summer heat will be that much
worse on your plants. Amendments to the soil the correct pH or soil
structure will go a long way from now through winter to prevent more
damage.

We care about everyones environment and want to be a reliable resource
for anyone anywhere. We are a locally owned company and only treat
lawns in the Greater Oklahoma City Metro area but are happy to answer
questions from anywhere. We have been to a lot of conferences around
the country and have made friends with many reputable companies. Maybe
we can help you find what you are looking for. We don't want to spam.
We just want to help make our environment look good with professionals
doing the work correctly.

Old 22-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Tom Jaszewski

On 21 Jul 2005 13:47:27 -0700, "travelinmatt"
wrote:

We are a locally owned company

....primarily involved in entomaphobia...
Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets. To plant a pine, one need only own a shovel.
-- Aldo Leopold

[IMG] code is On

Organic lawncare jim Edible Gardening 0 11-10-2005 02:55 PM
chinch bugs? (lawncare question) jojo Texas 1 17-08-2005 10:01 PM
Lawncare Info travelinmatt Lawns 6 25-07-2005 10:03 PM
Post-winter lawncare kiddcreole Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Post-winter lawncare kiddcreole Lawns 2 17-02-2003 01:09 PM