Old 09-03-2003, 03:44 PM
NAearthMOM

Default I have snowdrops!

Yes indeedee!
Crocuses can't be far behind!
Just gave my orders to Dutch GArdens & Kitchen garden seeds........
Spring, spring spring fellow gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
Old 09-03-2003, 04:56 PM
madgard

"NAearthMOM" wrote in message
Yes indeedee!
Crocuses can't be far behind!
Just gave my orders to Dutch GArdens & Kitchen garden seeds........
Spring, spring spring fellow gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
madgardener

Old 09-03-2003, 10:56 PM
SugarChile

Whoopee here, too. They're about two months too late, but I have them,
where a bit of the snow finally melted off, and they are very welcome.

I haven't done any tree and shrub pruning; usually I'm about done by
now.....there's yet another artic front coming through tonight, with snow
and sleet forecast for next week. It's going to be an interesting spring.

Sue

Zone 6, Southcentral PA

Old 10-03-2003, 12:20 AM
animaux

Oh GREAT! The Earth warms. It'll be in the 70s all week with nightime lows in
the 50s. Finally, it is warming up down here.

I presume you are back home, then? I have a package to send.

I have one to Mad's friend who loves cigar plants, also.

Old 10-03-2003, 03:56 AM
NAearthMOM

I'm home!!!
I am not sure if I have the right emailaddy for ya, so drop me an e!

Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 PM
john

I noticed on Saturday at my moms the her crocuses were starting! And it's
-15c here this morning !!!

jb

Old 18-03-2003, 02:20 AM

me too.. just got back from a week in Alabama 75+ temp to wisconsin 65 and all the
snow melting like crazy. Ingrid

arden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

Yes indeedee!
Crocuses can't be far behind!
Just gave my orders to Dutch GArdens & Kitchen garden seeds........
Spring, spring spring fellow gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 18-03-2003, 02:32 PM
Iris Cohen

My next door neighbor has 'Dutch Yellow Mammouth' crocuses in bloom, on the
south side of his house. Mine are still under the snow.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."
Robert Lowell (1917-1977)
Old 25-03-2003, 03:20 AM
CWilde

"NAearthMOM" wrote in message
Yes indeedee!
Crocuses can't be far behind!
Just gave my orders to Dutch GArdens & Kitchen garden seeds........
Spring, spring spring fellow gardeners!

Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Isn't it wonderful? Winter is almost over! We hit 70 yesterday, and I
started removing the winter mulch from the front full sun beds. It was so
exciting. No flowers yet, but I've got all kinds of babies showing their
heads. It was like finding treasures. You can tell I've gotten soft over
the winter, even with gloves on, I managed to get blisters on each hand from
the rake, and I was cripping a bit this morning. I'VE GOT A GARDEN AGAIN!!!!
YES!!!!!

Carlotta

Old 25-03-2003, 03:20 AM
NAearthMOM

Our crocuses are blazing now.
The snow crocuses that is, the giant crocus are soon to follow!
I made my first container today.......sweet peas that I started from seed,
geranium, and pansies!

Old 25-03-2003, 04:32 AM
paghat

In article ,
arden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

Our crocuses are blazing now.
The snow crocuses that is, the giant crocus are soon to follow!
I made my first container today.......sweet peas that I started from seed,
geranium, and pansies!
Love caryn
"Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

My crocuses (& reticulated irises) came & went by now, & today I realized
the winter cyclamens are finally winding down after such a long wondrous
show (their beautiful leaves will be with me some while yet to come). But
to replace these, the species tulips are beginning. Sunny yellow T.
kolpakowskiana just opened their cups today. T. humilis var. violacea have
very buds extremely colorful even before opening, will probably be opened
tomorrow. Many others are still closed buds, so this coming week is going
to be full of little drifts suddenly shining here & there. Also the
Chionodoxa "glory-of-the-snow" are blooming icy deep blue; another patch
is lilac-&-white but not yet as showy as the blue. Ranunculus in full
yellow flower, the leaves all mottled are more gorgeous than the blooms.
The intensely almost weirdly white Muscari pallens have just started their
flowers, & the M. boytroides have been blooming for some while, are now
maximally swollen in size & blue as gas-jet fire. Miniature daffodils of
sundry sorts have been blooming quite a while. White scillas have been
blooming a week or two, & blue ones started the last few days. Several
fritillaries are mature buds showing their color, many of these will be
opening this week. Most of the asarums have their bizarre cup-flowers well
along. As for the snowdrops, they've been blooming for weeks, & are not
yet about to give out.

One trillium sessile was way ahead of the others & its trio of leaves &
its flower bud is so big right now it has just GOT to open very soon; it
developed a second stem so it's going to have at least two maroon blooms
this year. Two other T. sessiles are trying to catch up. There are two
patches of T. ovatum, another of T. erectum, & they're all showing
multiple flower stems already, &amp one T. ovatum bud is already filled
out enough to look like a waded white hanky. Last year that particular
plant produced only one flower stem, but it lasted from spring all through
summer, slowly turning from blinding white to purple. There are leaves for
two other trillium species but they're not showing buds. Two kinds of
dogtooth lilies are getting bigger & bigger, with multiple buds, but not
showing color yet.

The "Silver Spectre" corydalis has white-&-purple blooms appearing all
over the clump. The C. flexuosa have been blooming some while, but are now
just thick with blue fish-shaped flowers. C. lutea died during the winter
apparently as there's no sign of the clump, but it self-seeded, & there
are C. lutea seedlings scattered around the area poking out of
leaflitter.

Among the rhodies & azaleas, the PJM & Karen Seliger & Hino Crimson are in
full bloom, others have buds cracking to reveal slits of color. Many
other things in flower.

But I don't have to see blooms to get all excited. Three aroid Dracunculus
vulgaris, though very far from blooming, are already decorative upright
soldiers with wonderful snake-skin stalks & coiling curly leaves like
crazy hairdos on top, 13 or 15 inches tall so far, & really only just
getting started. Something growing from two spots in the main aroid garden
I couldn't remember planting, they look like plain striped crocus leaves,
though certainly not crocuses, I just have to keep watching until these
give me more clues. Not terribly long ago I planted a bunch of "invisible"
things I got cheaply from an aroid close-out-sale, because no one would
buy them because there was no evidence of the plants showing, so it was
such a deal & I took them all. I'm beginning to think two of those
weren't aroids at all but are some kind of lily family thing (there were
some pots of rare species lilies at the same close-out-sale & I didn't get
any because I didn't know what any of them were & had no idea if I'd like
them, but maybe I got two by accident after all). A garden mystery! Oh,
every day is another thrill.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com/
Old 25-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Zemedelec

My sincere condolences. You are sure to recover in a couple of weeks.

Leslie
zemedelec

[IMG] code is On

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops Cavalier United Kingdom 21 05-02-2003 12:57 PM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM