Old 30-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Steveo

"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under
my trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the
critter? Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades,
dynamite, and anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers
may be acceptable if used during the daytime.

Live trap em' and take them to the park.

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/groundhogs.html

May not be legal. Check your state's law.

(Illegal where I'm at - MI)

Ken

Speeding or spitting on the sidewalk may not be legal either, check your
laws..
Old 01-09-2005, 06:38 AM
NapalmHeart

"Steveo" wrote in message
"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under
my trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the
critter? Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades,
dynamite, and anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers
may be acceptable if used during the daytime.

Live trap em' and take them to the park.

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/groundhogs.html

May not be legal. Check your state's law.

(Illegal where I'm at - MI)

Ken

Speeding or spitting on the sidewalk may not be legal either, check your
laws..

Speeding and spitting are more likely to be civil infractions. The trapping
of wild animals in one area and then taking them somewhere else is a
misdemeanor (at least here in MI).

Other than that, your argument is weak. Lots of things are against the law.
That doesn't mean that laws are to be ignored.

Ken

Old 01-09-2005, 11:25 AM
- Tom -

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

A local radio guest named "the trapper" suggests killing them in the
hole and then closing the holes with whatever you have on hand. His method
consists of attaching a sock to the end of a length of stiff hose and
forcing it down the hole, then, first pour sodium hypochlorite, bleach, down
the hose followed by ammonia down the hose. The resulting gas, chlorine, is
heavier than air and will find its way to the bottom of the hole and kill
the critter right there, saving you the trouble of disposal or burial.
I've used his method and it works.
Use common sense and avoid inhaling the vapors.

--
Tom

Old 01-09-2005, 12:22 PM
Steveo

"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
[...]

Heh, leve the groundhogs under your trailer then.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:48 AM
wcrbudox

A live trap and a sweet potato.
They can make interesting pets.
I had a client that had one that would come in the house through the cat's
door and open the refrigerator to get at the vegetables.
Whenever a stranger came it would hide in the closet.

Old 06-09-2005, 05:17 AM
NapalmHeart

"Steveo" wrote in message
"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"NapalmHeart" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
[...]

I don't live in a trailer. Where I live I can still shoot pests.

Ken

Old 06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
G Henslee

NapalmHeart wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message

I don't live in a trailer. Where I live I can still shoot pests.

Ken

Too bad Stormin Mormon and Doug Kanter don't live within 'range' of you.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM

Suggest you move. The woodchuck always wins. LOL I'm currently using a
hav-a-art trap with some success but a DEC person told me it is illegal to
transport them so I still have to shoot them (in the trap) and put them in
the garbage. A neighbor suggested I gas them (in the trap) with auto
exhaust.

Live trap them, fill a kiddie pool with water, throw trap in water. No
need to shoot holes in your trap for nothing.

All this hub-bub about moving an animal- BFD. It might be against the
law, but what is worse: moving an animal to a remote area or killing
it? Give your ticket for relocating an animal (good luck even getting
one) to PETA and let them fight it out.

I have NEVER heard of anyone actually getting a ticket for animal
relocation.

Kirb

Old 18-04-2006, 05:05 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
NapalmHeart

Default A woodchuck under the trailer

wrote in message
ups.com...
Suggest you move. The woodchuck always wins. LOL I'm currently using a
hav-a-art trap with some success but a DEC person told me it is illegal
transport them so I still have to shoot them (in the trap) and put them
in
the garbage. A neighbor suggested I gas them (in the trap) with auto
exhaust.

Live trap them, fill a kiddie pool with water, throw trap in water. No
need to shoot holes in your trap for nothing.

All this hub-bub about moving an animal- BFD. It might be against the
law, but what is worse: moving an animal to a remote area or killing
it? Give your ticket for relocating an animal (good luck even getting
one) to PETA and let them fight it out.

I have NEVER heard of anyone actually getting a ticket for animal
relocation.

Kirb

You might check what the fine would be. I know it would be more than what I
would want to pay. AFA which is worse between relocating a pest animal or
killing it - I would have to say relocation is worse. What some people
would consider a remote area others might consider their neighborhood. Why
make your problem someone else's?

Ken

Old 18-04-2006, 05:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
NapalmHeart

"- Tom -" wrote in message

[...]

EXCELLENT!

Model 7 John Deere Trailer Keith Nuttle Gardening 5 07-10-2004 03:25 AM
trailer dust cover Gary Lawns 5 16-05-2004 09:08 PM
Which utility trailer to buy? Snowbear ok? [email protected] Lawns 1 30-04-2004 09:02 PM
WTB: trailer with steel floor GeneS Texas 0 22-03-2004 03:04 PM
WTB: trailer with steel floor GeneS Texas 0 22-03-2004 03:04 PM