Old 29-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Stormin Mormon

Default A woodchuck under the trailer

I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Old 29-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Steveo

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be
acceptable if used during the daytime.

Live trap em' and take them to the park.

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/groundhogs.html
Old 29-08-2005, 02:07 AM
Stubby

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

Bow and arrow?

I spent years trying to protect my garden from woodchucks. The best
defense was fence material installed about 3' around the garden AND
horizonally around the garden. To that I had to add an electric fence,
battery operated, about a foot off the ground. That worked quite well
but cost around $60. That makes the veggies a tad bit expensive!

I located the holes, there are always at least 2, and filled them with
alternate layers of plastic shopping bags and egg-size gravel. The
nasty criters have a hard time digging through the layers.

No wood chucks have been seen in over a year!!! Good luck
Old 29-08-2005, 04:04 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
It's longer in the short run
but shorter in the long run.

Try praying that it will leave.

Old 29-08-2005, 04:08 AM
Oscar_Lives

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be
acceptable
if used during the daytime.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
It's longer in the short run
but shorter in the long run.

Try praying that it will leave.

Or spray it with holy water...

Old 29-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Srgnt Billko

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be acceptable
if used during the daytime.

--

Christopher A. Young

Suggest you move. The woodchuck always wins. LOL I'm currently using a
hav-a-art trap with some success but a DEC person told me it is illegal to
transport them so I still have to shoot them (in the trap) and put them in
the garbage. A neighbor suggested I gas them (in the trap) with auto
exhaust.

Old 29-08-2005, 03:15 PM
G Henslee

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park,

Send a contingent (2) of your missionaries under there with tracts in
hand. The woodhcuck will haul ass and never return.
Old 29-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Stormin Mormon

Would that I could -- at least move to some place legal to shoot the
critters.

Illegal to transport? That's a new one on me. My Dad tried to "get the
squirrel out of the yard" with a havhart trap. And a friend of my Dad's
tried shooting the squirrel. The friend is a military vet, and lives in the
country. Dad quit after some number of squirrels, and the other fellow quit
after 300. Neither made much progress.

Now, if they coulda been selling the tails for a buck a piece?

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Old 29-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Stormin Mormon

I've had other suggestions, such as lime, concrete, and smoke bombs. Will
certainly try a mixture of these ideas.

Thank you for a great idea, about the shopping bags.

--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.

Old 29-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Stubby

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Illegal to transport? That's a new one on me.

True in the People's Republic of Mass.

Old 29-08-2005, 09:33 PM
B-Hate-Me

Try changing it's capacitor....No doubt you'll **** the job up and kill it.

Old 29-08-2005, 10:11 PM
pjm@see_my_sig_for_address.com

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005 16:33:23 -0400, "B-Hate-Me" BHateMe@home wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be
acceptable
if used during the daytime.

Try changing it's capacitor....No doubt you'll **** the job up and kill it.

OK ....

That one is just PURELY gonna leave a mark !!!! :-)

You know where to send the keyboard ......

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old 30-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Tekkie®

B-Hate-Me posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be
acceptable
if used during the daytime.

Try changing it's capacitor....No doubt you'll **** the job up and kill it.

I don't know... it's HIS trailer. Think he knows enough to not screw his own
stuff up? I would think he would capture it with a robe or aim the comet at
it.
--

Tekkie
Old 30-08-2005, 12:35 AM
B-Hate-Me

"Tekkie®" wrote in message
Try changing it's capacitor....No doubt you'll **** the job up and kill
it.

I don't know... it's HIS trailer. Think he knows enough to not screw his
own
stuff up? I would think he would capture it with a robe or aim the comet
at
it.

Give it some Kool-Ade?

Old 30-08-2005, 06:12 PM
NapalmHeart

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:
I've got two access holes (about 6 or 7 inch diameter) leading under my
trailer. Finally saw a woodchuck, or groundhog, crawling under the
trailer.

I'm not all that pleased with the idea. How to take care of the critter?
Living in a mobile park, firearms, handguns, grendades, dynamite, and
anthrax spores are discourged. Though, high power lasers may be
acceptable if used during the daytime.

Live trap em' and take them to the park.

http://www.wildlife-traps.com/groundhogs.html

May not be legal. Check your state's law.

(Illegal where I'm at - MI)

Ken

Model 7 John Deere Trailer Keith Nuttle Gardening 5 07-10-2004 03:25 AM
trailer dust cover Gary Lawns 5 16-05-2004 09:08 PM
Which utility trailer to buy? Snowbear ok? [email protected] Lawns 1 30-04-2004 09:02 PM
WTB: trailer with steel floor GeneS Texas 0 22-03-2004 03:04 PM
WTB: trailer with steel floor GeneS Texas 0 22-03-2004 03:04 PM