Old 24-07-2006, 03:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
FDR FDR is offline

Default Ned a leaf/debris blower

Any recommendations for under 150?

Old 24-07-2006, 05:53 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

FDR wrote:

Any recommendations for under 150?

gas powered ones do more work with less frustration to the operator.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html

the optional vac attachment makes this a great tool for cleaning
out flower beds. the variable speed control lets you control the
power allowing you to remove the leaves while leaving the mulch
in the bed. the unit has a metal blade to shred the leaves
and clippings with a 14:1 reduction ratio. a little more than
150 but well worth ever dollar.
Old 25-07-2006, 12:20 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
FDR wrote:

Any recommendations for under 150?

gas powered ones do more work with less frustration to the operator.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html

I use this EXACT blower for blowing fert off driveways and it is one of the
most powerful and reliable blowers i have used.

Old 25-07-2006, 01:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mike wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
FDR wrote:

Any recommendations for under 150?

gas powered ones do more work with less frustration to the operator.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html

I use this EXACT blower for blowing fert off driveways and it is one of the
most powerful and reliable blowers i have used.

one day I watched joe-home-owner dragging his drop cord for
his electric blower. sad how he got to the end of the drop
cord before he was at the end of his yard.
electric blowers, they're kind of like a dog on a leash.

the Stihl BG85 has been a great performer. I can feel good
about recommending the unit to prospective buyers.
Old 25-07-2006, 11:32 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mike wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
FDR wrote:

Any recommendations for under 150?

gas powered ones do more work with less frustration to the operator.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html

I use this EXACT blower for blowing fert off driveways and it is one of
the
most powerful and reliable blowers i have used.

one day I watched joe-home-owner dragging his drop cord for
his electric blower. sad how he got to the end of the drop
cord before he was at the end of his yard.
electric blowers, they're kind of like a dog on a leash.

the Stihl BG85 has been a great performer. I can feel good
about recommending the unit to prospective buyers.

For the extra money over an electric its worth it as they go anywhere and
actually have some power behind them.

Old 26-07-2006, 12:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Mike wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Mike wrote:
Jim Ledford wrote:
FDR wrote:

Any recommendations for under 150?

gas powered ones do more work with less frustration to the operator.

http://www.stihl.us/blowers/BG85D.html
I use this EXACT blower for blowing fert off driveways and it is one of
the
most powerful and reliable blowers i have used.

one day I watched joe-home-owner dragging his drop cord for
his electric blower. sad how he got to the end of the drop
cord before he was at the end of his yard.
electric blowers, they're kind of like a dog on a leash.

the Stihl BG85 has been a great performer. I can feel good
about recommending the unit to prospective buyers.

For the extra money over an electric its worth it as they go anywhere and
actually have some power behind them.

yes and that is why I'm hoping the person asking the question
will delay their purchase while they continue to save their
money allowing them to buy a good one and not some little toy
noise maker.

Replacing impeller in Craftsman Electric Leaf Blower/Vac Phil Pickett Gardening 7 17-11-2016 03:09 PM
Leaf Blower,...Which one? john Lawns 5 27-11-2005 10:32 AM
leaf blower/vacuum DAVID ALLEN Lawns 5 27-09-2003 06:43 AM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Homelite HB100 leaf blower won't run sjohnsen Lawns 2 06-12-2002 07:46 AM