Old 20-08-2006, 10:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

Default Riding Lawn Mower Advice

I need a new 42" riding mower.

I'd like to have a 9'ish bushel bagger so how many horses do I need?

I do not want bells and whistles. I want a mower that will last about 10
years and cut grass. That's it. I don't care about a cup holder or
automatic transmissions or even headlights. Give me a good engine and a
solid deck and I'm a happy camper.

Any advice on what mower will fit the bill.

Also, any ideas on what time of year they go on sale?

Thank you for your time and your advice.

CD

Old 21-08-2006, 12:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

"me" wrote in message
om...
I need a new 42" riding mower.

I'd like to have a 9'ish bushel bagger so how many horses do I need?

I do not want bells and whistles. I want a mower that will last about 10
years and cut grass. That's it. I don't care about a cup holder or
automatic transmissions or even headlights. Give me a good engine and a
solid deck and I'm a happy camper.

Any advice on what mower will fit the bill.

Also, any ideas on what time of year they go on sale?

Thank you for your time and your advice.

CD

make sure it has a cup holder.

Old 21-08-2006, 12:18 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

me wrote:
I need a new 42" riding mower.

I'd like to have a 9'ish bushel bagger so how many horses do I need?

I do not want bells and whistles. I want a mower that will last about 10
years and cut grass. That's it. I don't care about a cup holder or
automatic transmissions or even headlights. Give me a good engine and a
solid deck and I'm a happy camper.

Any advice on what mower will fit the bill.

Also, any ideas on what time of year they go on sale?

Thank you for your time and your advice.

CD

Nothing runs like a Deere....a commercial Deere that is.
Old 21-08-2006, 01:07 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

Buy the ones folks are selling in triangle.forsale!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old 21-08-2006, 02:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of
1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider
how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000
living there today and actually became it's name.

[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Old 21-08-2006, 02:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:15:56 -0400, Jim Ledford
wrote:

Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of
1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider
how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000
living there today and actually became it's name.

[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

'With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.'
HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's
Free demo now available online http://pmilligan.net/palm/
Old 21-08-2006, 02:34 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

..p.jm wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of
1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider
how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000
living there today and actually became it's name.

[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.

btw - did you ever hear of Lizard Lick NC?
Old 21-08-2006, 02:53 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

"Jim Ledford" wrote in message
.p.jm wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
[...]

Hook, line, sinker

The community was named after Samuel Cary, temperance leader

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genIn...locIndex=19167

More homogenized, beige facts about Cary:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cary,_North_Carolina

Old 21-08-2006, 03:20 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

Jim Ledford spake thusly and wrote:

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.

I hear tell it's something in the water.....

Pastor Winter
--
Apostolic Oneness Pentecostal /*/ PreRapture Ministry
http://www.apostolic.biz for Bible studies (text and audio)
Old 21-08-2006, 03:27 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

wrote:
Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and
Amwell.

Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would
say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well".
Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.

Tomes

Old 21-08-2006, 03:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

Tomes wrote:

[....]

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and
Amwell.

Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would
say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well".
Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.

Tomes

that's pretty funny...
Old 21-08-2006, 03:39 AM posted to triangle.general,alt.home.lawn.garden

Pastor Steve Winter wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.

I hear tell it's something in the water.....

so then, you heard of their recent raw sewage spill?
raw sewage, 7 million gallons.

and then even more recently:

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/477280.html
Old 21-08-2006, 03:39 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:34:59 -0400, Jim Ledford
wrote:

.p.jm wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of
1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider
how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000
living there today and actually became it's name.

[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

ok. still though, you got to admit how it turned out is rather funny.

btw - did you ever hear of Lizard Lick NC?

yeh, but we're not gonna go there right now ......

Old 21-08-2006, 03:40 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 02:27:02 GMT, "Tomes" wrote:

.. .
wrote:
Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when, that's where
the local store was.

When asked 'where are you going ?', the local folks would
reply 'I have to carry Momma to the store'.

Eventually, this was shortened to ust 'Carry', and later,
'Cary'.

Around here in NJ we have 2 towns next to each other called Hopewell and
Amwell.

Story is that long ago when the 2 groups of folks would meet up one would
say to the other "I hope you are well". The other replied "I am well".
Over time they became known as the Hopewells and the Amwells.

Tomes

How did Intercourse, PA get named ?

Old 21-08-2006, 03:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,triangle.general

me wrote:

Jim Ledford wrote:
.p.jm wrote:
Jim Ledford wrote:
Zilla wrote:

[....]

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

did you ever give much thought to how a little town of
1200 people could be named so right? for example, consider
how Cary went from 1200 people back in 1976 to the 117,000
living there today and actually became it's name.

[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees]

who would have ever thought it could have happened...

acronyms are so today. would you not agree?

Actually, it got it's name because way-back-when,

[....]

Hook, line, sinker

I was making no statement as to how cary got it's
name. I was only saying as acronyms go cary is now a
[Concentrated Area of Relocated Yankees].

Need advice on buying first riding lawn mower [email protected] Gardening 4 17-04-2006 02:22 AM
riding mower advice Ni North Carolina 1 02-02-2006 03:17 AM
Riding lawn mower and lawn roller Eric Gardening 1 02-05-2005 08:06 PM
riding lawn mower for sale in NJ peter kawade Lawns 0 19-08-2003 03:02 AM
Sites for riding lawn mower research? [email protected] Lawns 0 01-06-2003 01:20 PM