Old 31-08-2006, 03:18 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Echo Trimmers

Last week-end I was wandering around Home Depot and observed a cart
with 5 Echo model 200R's in it they had all been used and were marked
as used for $120.00. I was contemplating buying one and wondering why
they had all been brought back, appearing to all be about the same
with wear and tear, as if they had all been bought at the same time.
An older gentleman walked up to me and said he had been the owner of
one of these rejected trimmers and the trouble he had with his was
that the 10" pieces of plastic string kept flying out of the head.

Has anyone else had problems with their Echo?

I'm looking for a new one because my old Craftsman is a pain to
disassemble just about all the way down, when ever the pull cord
breaks.

Tom
Old 31-08-2006, 07:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

stugots wrote:

Last week-end I was wandering around Home Depot and observed a cart
with 5 Echo model 200R's in it they had all been used and were marked
as used for $120.00. I was contemplating buying one and wondering why
they had all been brought back, appearing to all be about the same
with wear and tear, as if they had all been bought at the same time.
An older gentleman walked up to me and said he had been the owner of
one of these rejected trimmers and the trouble he had with his was
that the 10" pieces of plastic string kept flying out of the head.

Has anyone else had problems with their Echo?

I'm looking for a new one because my old Craftsman is a pain to
disassemble just about all the way down, when ever the pull cord
breaks.

Tom

http://www.shindaiwa.com/products/gr...mers/t260.html

back in 1991 I decided it was time to get a real sting trimmer,
so I did some research and learned about Shindaiwa and their T260
looked to be what would suit my needs.

I like how the replacement string head can be purchased as a unit
or as separate individual pieces. since I bought the Shindaiwa T260,
string trimmer problems have no longer been an issue. restringing
the head is easy enough and you can use either the 105 or the 095
string sizes. I've worn out three of the bumper buttons and replaced
them for around $2.00 each. the motor is over powered and the unit is
underweight, WOW what a strange combination, but that's how it is.

I've used mine in my lawn care business and on some jobs the T260 gets
run for hours being used to clear out creek ditches. I'd thought for
sure by now the Shindaiwa T260 would have died like all the other CHEAP
pieces of crap I'd thrown money away on. the Shindaiwa T260 starts just
as easy and runs just as strong today as it did the day I bought it.

Echo, they do make a good little top handle chainsaw, it's the
Echo CS300 I bought about 3 years ago. cold natured, but once
it warms up it'll do.
Old 31-08-2006, 09:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Has anyone else had problems with their Echo?

I gave away my last one recently, I found it inferior to the cheaper
brands like Ryobi. The top of the line professional models may be OK,
but the home owner models are cheap plastic crap. I've come to the
conclusion that it really doesn't matter whose name is on a string
trimmer, they all bite the dust after 3-4 summers & the cost of repair
usually exceeds replacement.

Old 31-08-2006, 11:13 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eric in North Texas" wrote in message
ps.com...

Has anyone else had problems with their Echo?

I gave away my last one recently, I found it inferior to the cheaper
brands like Ryobi. The top of the line professional models may be OK,
but the home owner models are cheap plastic crap. I've come to the
conclusion that it really doesn't matter whose name is on a string
trimmer, they all bite the dust after 3-4 summers & the cost of repair
usually exceeds replacement.

We had some echo blowers for a while and they were terrible!
I avoid their products like the plague now!