Old 19-09-2006, 01:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Aerating the lawn

I don't need to play games with you little boy. Drag someone else down
to your level. Your condescending attitude and foul mouth is what makes
usenet such a joke. Enjoy playing with yourself.

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
[Top Posting Fixed]

The Wanderer said:

Eggs Zachtly wrote:
The Wanderer said:

The core is more for a clay type of soil where the spike is for sandy soil.
Bullshit. Golf course greens are based upon sand, and core-aerated
regularly. You know something that Grounds Superintendants don't?

Obviously not as much as you old wise one. I can tell by your eloquent
diction that you know everything!!!!

You stated your opinion as a fact, leading at least two people to believe
what you said was true, and may make the wrong choice in aeration because
of it. I called you on it, because it's 100% false. Unless of course you
have a reputable reference to back up your claim. If not, then you can
pretty much shove your smart-assed, patronizing little attitude up your
proverbial ass.

Old 19-09-2006, 11:55 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

The Wanderer wrote:
I don't need to play games with you little boy. Drag someone else down
to your level. Your condescending attitude and foul mouth is what makes
usenet such a joke. Enjoy playing with yourself.

You have Eggs on your face, jackass.
Old 19-09-2006, 05:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:02:29 -0400, Willshak
wrote:

Tom The Great wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:14:20 GMT, The Wanderer
wrote:

The core is more for a clay type of soil where the spike is for sandy soil.

Well that is extra information. Where I live, we seem to have more
clay like soil.

I kinda disagree with that since my spike aerator barely puts a dent in
my clay soil, unless I use it after a couple of days of steady rain. I
would imagine that a core aerator would have a more difficult time in
clay. If you have rocky soil, it is even worse.
I have to use tire chains on my tractor when using the spike aerator
when the ground is wet, because I'd be slippin' and aslidin' on the
slopes on my property. The tire chains add a wider path for aeration as
a bonus.

Maybe heavier weight on your aerator might help?

just a guess....

tom

thx,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Tom The Great wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:39:01 -0400, Javier
wrote:

Between the core and spike aerators, is one type better than the other?
Or easier to use? Or...

I'm trying to decide which kind to get.

Thanks,

-jav

I was told the 'core' or 'plug' type creates more surface area for O2,
water, and fertilizer to penatrate the soil.

Just saying....

tom @ www.Cupids-Love-Calculator.com

Old 19-09-2006, 07:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Artemis" wrote in message
Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Does anyone recommend a good brand ? We have bought Agri-fab (see link)
and they aerate fine but break easily. Mr. H broke one last year and
totalled another this year.

Bluebird.

--
Art

Bluebird. ?? Is that a brand or a comment ?

Old 19-09-2006, 07:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Thats the one I have. I havent torn it up yet. put a few concrete blocks
on there and im good to go. What is he doing to tear them up?

"Just using it" he claims.

Old 19-09-2006, 10:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Does anyone recommend a good brand ? We have bought Agri-fab (see link)
and they aerate fine but break easily. Mr. H broke one last year and
totalled another this year.

Bluebird.

--
Art

Bluebird. ?? Is that a brand or a comment ?

Sorry, it is a brand and a good one at that.
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/node1269... rames%3Dfalse

--
Art
Old 27-09-2006, 02:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

http://www.turf-aire.com/rental.html

"Artemis" wrote in message

Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Does anyone recommend a good brand ? We have bought Agri-fab (see link)
and they aerate fine but break easily. Mr. H broke one last year and
totalled another this year.

Bluebird.

--
Art

Bluebird. ?? Is that a brand or a comment ?

Sorry, it is a brand and a good one at that.
http://www.bluebirdintl.com/node1269... rames%3Dfalse

--
Art

aerating lawn: anyone try those shoes? Heidi Gardening 8 15-08-2003 04:42 PM
Aerating Lawn Chris Lawns 3 06-06-2003 03:32 AM
Aerating the lawn - which type of sand ged hickman United Kingdom 1 18-05-2003 08:44 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 4 05-05-2003 10:58 PM
Aerating the lawn. Jerry Lawns 1 30-03-2003 04:56 PM