Old 09-10-2006, 01:25 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default grow grass OR go to jail

no joke, no laughing matter. i ve just done 20 days in county jail
because two
years ago the city complained of over grown vegetation, fine whatever so
i dug
up the lawn, and i thought that was it, and i just toss the rest of the
mail from them in the trash..... their has been a warrant for me all
this time. bottom line is can you
recommend grass seed type low cost name brand. important..... must not
need a lot of watering, the estimate on my water bill is an extra 400 a
year if i water 8 to 10 minutes nightly. wait till they see my dirt
backyard ohhhweee. p.s. my property is
110 by 60 single dwelling. california souuthbay beach area (Redondo
beach)
thank you for your help i very much
appreciate any help

Old 09-10-2006, 03:47 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

gena D wrote:
no joke, no laughing matter. i ve just done 20 days in county jail
because two
years ago the city complained of over grown vegetation, fine whatever so
i dug
up the lawn, and i thought that was it, and i just toss the rest of the
mail from them in the trash..... their has been a warrant for me all
this time. bottom line is can you
recommend grass seed type low cost name brand. important..... must not
need a lot of watering, the estimate on my water bill is an extra 400 a
year if i water 8 to 10 minutes nightly. wait till they see my dirt
backyard ohhhweee. p.s. my property is
110 by 60 single dwelling. california souuthbay beach area (Redondo
beach)
thank you for your help i very much
appreciate any help

http://www1.zoysiafarms.com/

PS. I had it once in NYS. It was great in the summer. Blades didn't grow
high too fast thereby reducing the need for frequent mowing. The only
problems was that it turned yellow in winter and then didn't get green
until late May. Where you are, that shouldn't be a problem. Because it
spreads by rhizomes, it is very invasive. Besides smothering all other
lawn vegetation, it will creep into gardens and neighbor's lawns. It
needs to be cut along property lines and places where it is not wanted
with an edger, or install physical barriers.

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

Old 10-10-2006, 12:54 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

JB wrote:
Zoysia requires frequent watering during dry weather. Bermuda tolerates
drought conditions better.

In the few years I had it (I moved away afterwards), I never watered it,
except until it filled in (I used the plugs rather than seed). After
that, the morning dew seemed to be enough. YMMV.
If it wasn't for the yellowing in the winter, I would have it here in
upstate NY. I'll have to wait for global warming to increase. I'm 400'
above sea level, so I don't have to worry about the melting poles and
rising sea level. :-)

Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Wow 20 days seemed like a lot in jail, sorry man.

Venus³² wrote:

Sounds like a troll but I've seen it happen here. Took the community
years to finally do in some flaky lawyer who wanted to keep her yard
"natural."

Old 11-10-2006, 07:01 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Depending on how many days in jail.

I will want to go to jail for 2 days if that will be the end of the deal.
So I guess they don't like seeing your vegetable huh? You should be
thankful that they didn't take you to UN council.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Liberalism run amuck, Michigan Woman Faces 93 Days in Jail for Planting a Vegetable Garden Leroy N. Soetoro Gardening 37 25-07-2011 08:18 PM
Accused of slavery Long Island residents will be sent back to jail _ G O D _ Ponds 0 21-09-2007 10:52 AM
grass/jail which one gena D Lawns 3 14-10-2006 04:57 AM
careful surfers! sgt billko could haul your ass to jail! Spike Lawns 1 20-12-2005 05:57 AM
Garden mess leads to jail Tumbleweed United Kingdom 20 06-01-2003 11:55 PM