Old 22-06-2007, 04:11 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lawn Mole Cure

I've tried and Love Baar Products Lawn Care Castor Oil!
Works awesome and safe.

Old 22-06-2007, 05:00 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried and Love Baar Products Lawn Care Castor Oil!
Works awesome and safe.

Really ?
I have 2 acres in Southampton Mass. and we have lots of moles, I was just
gonna poison them.
and already poisoned the grubs TWICE

I tried the oil thing at the old house, with a small garden and I can't
remember, but I thought I had no luck with it

I have one of those "sonic" repellers but I don't think it works for diddly
Have a "stabber" trap too, but the thing gets tripped and no dead mole
Fake worm bait is next I think.

Clark

Old 22-06-2007, 09:50 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

great!! i had no luck with it. lucas

Old 23-06-2007, 12:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

wrote:
I've tried and Love Baar Products and love them.

The only sure fire mole control is a trap.

Baar products suck used cock, snake-oil spamtard.
Old 23-06-2007, 12:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried and Love Baar Products Lawn Care Castor Oil!
Works awesome and safe.

Really ?
I have 2 acres in Southampton Mass. and we have lots of moles, I was just
gonna poison them.
and already poisoned the grubs TWICE

I tried the oil thing at the old house, with a small garden and I can't
remember, but I thought I had no luck with it

I have one of those "sonic" repellers but I don't think it works for
diddly Have a "stabber" trap too, but the thing gets tripped and no dead
mole Fake worm bait is next I think.

Clark

Hello Clark

This guy will give you the straight scoop on mole control:

http://www.themoleman.com/

The bottom line is a trap.

Old 24-06-2007, 03:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Clark" wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I've tried and Love Baar Products Lawn Care Castor Oil!
Works awesome and safe.

Really ?
I have 2 acres in Southampton Mass. and we have lots of moles, I was just
gonna poison them.
and already poisoned the grubs TWICE

I tried the oil thing at the old house, with a small garden and I can't
remember, but I thought I had no luck with it

I have one of those "sonic" repellers but I don't think it works for
diddly Have a "stabber" trap too, but the thing gets tripped and no dead
mole Fake worm bait is next I think.

Clark

Hello Clark

This guy will give you the straight scoop on mole control:

http://www.themoleman.com/

The bottom line is a trap.

thanks for the link, that one did'nt show up on Google for me (I don't
remember)

Moleman says poison and castor oil don't work, I know the oil don't work,
hmmm

Maybe I'll just sit in a tree with a 12 gauge with some bird shot loaded up.

How expensive do you think it is to pave 2 acres??

Clark

Old 24-06-2007, 09:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

Maybe I'll just sit in a tree with a 12 gauge with some bird shot loaded up.

Or, sit in a lawn chair, with a sharp shovel. It doesn't take long to see
one working. They're /not/ nocturnal. When they're hungry, they eat, and in
order to do so, they have to tunnel. It's quite easy to see one tunnelling,
and a quick downstroke with the shovel usually does the trick.

--

Eggs

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
Old 25-06-2007, 12:46 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Clark said:

Maybe I'll just sit in a tree with a 12 gauge with some bird shot loaded
up.

Or, sit in a lawn chair, with a sharp shovel. It doesn't take long to see
one working. They're /not/ nocturnal. When they're hungry, they eat, and
in
order to do so, they have to tunnel. It's quite easy to see one
tunnelling,
and a quick downstroke with the shovel usually does the trick.

--

Eggs

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

I wish I had the time to wait around like that, with either the shotgun or
the shovel

Clark

Old 01-07-2007, 08:16 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

DEFRA carried out a study into ALL the methods used to control moles in
Europe and Russia. This report runs to 31 pages and concludes that the ONLY
ways that work are poisons and traps.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-cou...ole-review.pdf

However I believe there are no licensed poisons in the UK anymore so that
just leaves traps.

I recently purchased 5 barrel traps and 5 scissor traps. The barrel traps
(image)..

http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com...cs/1317701.jpg

... caught 6 moles in the first 3 days. On one occasion I took a mole out of
a trap, reset it and cut the lawn only to find another mole in the same
trap. The scissor type haven't caught any so far. The barrel traps are also
much easier to cover. The barrel part stops dirt falling into the tunnel.

Note that just about all traps need a bit of tweaking before use to ensure
the trigger works as intended.

For good measure I live in a village called Molesworth!

Colin

Old 01-07-2007, 08:21 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

PPS: Jasper Carrot on Moles on YouTube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftivL8MjlhA

It's a classic