Old 22-07-2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Honest opinions please,

Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have
TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and have
small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

Clark
notice the Matteuccia struthiopteris in the background?

Old 22-07-2007, 10:38 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Clark wrote:
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have
TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and have
small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

It's fairly obvious that the replacement blades are of better quality.
What opinions are you wanting?

--
Art
Old 22-07-2007, 11:52 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 7/22/2007 4:28 PM Clark said the following:
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have
TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and have
small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

Clark
notice the Matteuccia struthiopteris in the background?

I like your idea in numbers 3 and 4. I have a come-along and never
though of using it to jack the mower to remove the blades for
sharpening. I usually just removed the mower housing and then the blades
(PITA). Thanks.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 23-07-2007, 01:59 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Clark said:

[...]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954

[...]

My honest opinion is:

There is a perfectly good, unopened beer wasting away on the bench, and
that's serious alcohol abuse.

I was beginning to like you, man. But, now I gotta rethink this whole
image-thing...

=P

--

Eggs

Is there another word for synonym?
Old 23-07-2007, 03:28 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

willshak wrote:

PM Clark said the following:
Here is a pic

[....]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

[....]

I like your idea in numbers 3 and 4. I have a come-along and never
though of using it to jack the mower to remove the blades for
sharpening. I usually just removed the mower housing and then the blades
(PITA). Thanks.

I wonder if lifting from the rear of Clark's mower would work
and save the time required for removing the cowling?

I lift mine from the rear.

Old 23-07-2007, 04:15 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" ...
Clark :
[...]

Me too. I like the lift system, looks easy once it is set up. Gotta
have that cross-piece though. I also remove my mower deck to work on the
blades, but on my JD it takes me about 2 minutes, easy as cake. You also
need to drink that beer.
=-)
Tomes

Old 23-07-2007, 04:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

on 7/22/2007 11:15 PM Tomes said the following:
"willshak" ...

Clark :

[...]

My Murray deck takes about 15 minutes to remove, with or without beer. :-)

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Old 23-07-2007, 05:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" wrote in message
on 7/22/2007 4:28 PM Clark said the following:
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have
TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and
have small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

I use a floor jack under the front axle of my Cub Cadet.

Ken

Old 23-07-2007, 12:24 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Jim" wrote in message
willshak wrote:

PM Clark said the following:
Here is a pic

[....]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

[....]

I like your idea in numbers 3 and 4. I have a come-along and never
though of using it to jack the mower to remove the blades for
sharpening. I usually just removed the mower housing and then the blades
(PITA). Thanks.

I wonder if lifting from the rear of Clark's mower would work
and save the time required for removing the cowling?

I lift mine from the rear.

The gas tank is on the rear of this unit a is not recommended to jack from
there, (gas might get into crankcase I think)

Clark

Old 23-07-2007, 12:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Eggs Zachtly" wrote in message
Clark said:

[...]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954

[...]

My honest opinion is:

There is a perfectly good, unopened beer wasting away on the bench, and
that's serious alcohol abuse.

I was beginning to like you, man. But, now I gotta rethink this whole
image-thing...

=P

--

Eggs

Is there another word for synonym?

I was framed!!! Kathy put an unopened beer out before the other was
finished.

Clark

Old 23-07-2007, 12:29 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Art" wrote in message
Clark wrote:
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades have
TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and
have small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

It's fairly obvious that the replacement blades are of better quality.
What opinions are you wanting?

--
Art

Well the part number is the same, the opinion I was looking for was whether
or not Sears put sub-standard blades on the mower it shipped.

Clark

Old 23-07-2007, 12:34 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
willshak wrote:

PM Clark said the following:
Here is a pic

[....]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

[....]

I like your idea in numbers 3 and 4. I have a come-along and never
though of using it to jack the mower to remove the blades for
sharpening. I usually just removed the mower housing and then the blades
(PITA). Thanks.

I wonder if lifting from the rear of Clark's mower would work
and save the time required for removing the cowling?

I lift mine from the rear.

The gas tank is on the rear of this unit a is not recommended to jack from
there, (gas might get into crankcase I think)

Clark

Oh and the cowling is one wire and lift out on an agle as the hinge is not
fixed. No tools.

Clark

Old 23-07-2007, 04:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Clark" ...
"Art" ...
Clark wrote:
Here is a pic of the new and old blades, keep in mind the old blades
have TWO hours on them, cutting (mostly) grass.
I am also posting the "monster" stick pic, keep in mind, I'm 5'6" and
have small hands (insert joke here), the pic is of me holding the
stick.
Oh and the other pic is my version of safety first,

So am I right or wrong about the blades?
I can take, tell me honestly.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zwkoq1
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4ys0vt3
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=4zav954
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6fet181

Thanks again.

It's fairly obvious that the replacement blades are of better quality.
What opinions are you wanting?

Well the part number is the same, the opinion I was looking for was
whether or not Sears put sub-standard blades on the mower it shipped.

This kind of reminds me of the tires that car companies put on that wear
out after 25K miles and then you get a real set that lasts 60K. Yep, it
looks like they put on cheap blades. Blades are a consumable.
Tomes

Old 23-07-2007, 04:05 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"willshak" ...
Tomes :
Me too. I like the lift system, looks easy once it is set up. Gotta
have that cross-piece though. I also remove my mower deck to work on
the blades, but on my JD it takes me about 2 minutes, easy as cake.
You also need to drink that beer.

My Murray deck takes about 15 minutes to remove, with or without beer.
:-)

On the JD it is turn the deck wheels sideways, lower the deck, pull the
J-pins holding up the rear, unhook the front bracket, remove the belt that
is now loose and roll it out sideways. That is all there is. Putting it
back on takes maybe 3 minutes. What else do you need to do?
Tomes

Old 23-07-2007, 05:08 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"Tomes" wrote in message
news
"Clark" ...
"Art" ...
Clark wrote:
[...]

My father told me the same thing, how could this be? my father knew
somthing!

Calrk