Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2007, 10:15 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Lowes - Troybilt

On Oct 5, 4:44 pm, wrote:
On Oct 5, 5:02 am, wrote:

Dave wrote:
If anyone is tempted to buy the bottom of the line Troybilt riding mower
(Pony) from Lowes, don't. The deck only raises/lowers on the rear. The
front of the deck is pin mounted. Doesn't move up or down. Any minor bumps
in the landscape, scrape goes the blade... Purpose of a deck the only move
up and down in the rear?
Dave

I believe the pin is threaded at the tractor mount point and is adjustable.

That is true, u adjust from the front. There are two bolts that
protrude from the lower front of the mower. I have this mower and
LOVE it. It gives a good clean cut, rides good, and is versitile with
attachments. Perhaps you have the deck too on the side adjustment
lever. Or u have some reallly bad bumps in your landscape. I have a
few unevenesses in my lawn, but no big deal. I did however almost tip
the thing twice, but that is because I get a little to agressive
around trees, and when I am done I like to run as fast as I can back
to the house. Thats on speed 7. Probably that I am very tallthe
center of gravity is working against me, oh well!

OOOPPS. I also forgot to mention that they are all metal. The hood
on higher priced john deere and such have plastic hoods. Go figure,
pay less for better construction!