Old 10-10-2007, 01:06 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Default Home Made Mulch Plate

Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a mulch
plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're asking
down at the dealership.

TIA

Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

"JB" wrote in message
Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a
mulch plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're
asking down at the dealership.

TIA

I've picked up a couple at yard sales and year-end clearance tables for a
couple bucks and modified them to fit.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:22 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Srgnt Billko said:

"JB" wrote in message
Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a
mulch plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're
asking down at the dealership.

TIA

I've picked up a couple at yard sales and year-end clearance tables for a
couple bucks and modified them to fit.

There's always ebay. =)

--

Eggs

Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:09 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

On 10/9/2007 7:06 PM, JB wrote:
Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a mulch
plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're asking
down at the dealership.

TIA

When I went to my local OPE dealer to pick up some trimmer parts I was
lamenting the $160 Toro wanted for a mulch kit. "Let me order the mulch
cover as a repair item" my man says. "How much?" says I. 16 bucks says
he, after looking it up. "Do it" says I. (Timecutter 4200 ZTR)

--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but

"How hard can it be?" -Kinky Friedman
Old 10-10-2007, 03:29 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Jim Jim is offline

Srgnt Billko wrote:

JB wrote:
Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as a
mulch plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75 they're
asking down at the dealership.

TIA

I've picked up a couple at yard sales and year-end clearance tables for a
couple bucks and modified them to fit.

yea, but you're smart enough to do that. what
about those who shop for lawnmowers at sears?

there is a two piece chute utilized on my White
GT-1810 for attaching the grass catcher system.
the short piece clamps to the deck. by cutting a tire inter
tube and then using a bungee cord to affix the inter tube over
the opening thus prohibiting the grass clippings an escape the
result was like presto almost instant conversion from side
discharge to mulching deck.... and then there are those who
will proclaim loudly how the blades are not right!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:14 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden

Jim wrote:
Srgnt Billko wrote:

JB wrote:
Sarge, et al,

You seem like a resourceful guy. Got a suggestion on what to use as
a mulch plate on my 42" JD deck? I just don't want to pay the $75
they're asking down at the dealership.

TIA

I've picked up a couple at yard sales and year-end clearance tables
for a couple bucks and modified them to fit.

yea, but you're smart enough to do that. what
about those who shop for lawnmowers at sears?

Hey what are we saying here? some of my best tools and lawn care stuff is
from Sears.
Are you implying smart people don't shop at Sears?
The last time I was in a Sears there had to be 1000 people in there, they
can't all be Forest Gump.

there is a two piece chute utilized on my White
GT-1810 for attaching the grass catcher system.
the short piece clamps to the deck. by cutting a tire inter
tube and then using a bungee cord to affix the inter tube over
the opening thus prohibiting the grass clippings an escape the
result was like presto almost instant conversion from side
discharge to mulching deck.... and then there are those who
will proclaim loudly how the blades are not right!

I have used thin aluminum plate cut and contoured to block the discharge,
also held with bungee cord, to turn a deck to mulcher.
(insert 10" stick joke here)

Clark..

[IBC] greenhouse home made Claudio Fierro Bonsai 2 22-05-2003 01:44 AM
Home made mixture to raise KH+GH? James Ervin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 11 24-04-2003 10:32 PM
home made pond light Snooze Ponds 0 10-04-2003 07:20 PM
Home made cold frame? shannie United Kingdom 4 18-03-2003 08:44 AM
Home made potting compost John H Wood United Kingdom 5 08-03-2003 12:44 AM