Old 27-05-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Toronto to ban pesticides

I think in 5 years we will have all lost our lawns. I think in 5 years the
city of Toronto is going to look like New York City. It's going to be
ugly.

Quite right, Toronto will be nothing but pavement.. all greenery gone
because the rich convert it all to industrial and business so they can have
green lawns at home. Sickening.

Old 27-05-2003, 06:08 PM

V wrote:
I guess this is going to be one of those, " You don't know what you've
got 'till it's gone " things. In about 5 years when our parks,
boulevards and even our lawns are destroyed perhaps common sense will
prevail.

Yeah, you know how our grasses (of era's gone by, over millions of years)
would look today if the space aliens wouldn't of come and sprayed them
with chemicals? We really have to thank those aliens for preserving our
greenery. Just think, if they would have missed even 5 years, our
grasses would have been gone.

Will they use pesticides to tame the SARS outbreak in your city?? Cuz I'm
not going there until they get rid of it.

--
GO# 40 and F the french.
http://www.countryoforiginlabeling.com/french.html
Old 28-05-2003, 07:32 AM
Leyf

wrote in message
Will they use pesticides to tame the SARS outbreak in your city?? Cuz I'm
not going there until they get rid of it.

They'll just advertise that everything's under control in American
newspapers with SARS as the front page story! Great waste of money. But
then, this is the same city council that continually tries to stop cars from
driving into the city without planning sensible alternatives. (Take out 2
lanes of a 4 lane thoroughfare with the associated parking & replace them
with bike lanes that no one uses 'cause we have winter here)

Totally unenforceable bylaw anyway, because municipal governments don't have
the right to restrict sale of products that come under provincial & federal
regulation. If you can buy them, they'll get used.

If I was still living in Toronto, and someone complained to bylaw
enforcement about my lawn chemicals, they'd have a nasty accident with
roundup on their front lawn in the middle of the night!

Old 28-05-2003, 12:20 PM

"Leyf" wrote:
If I was still living in Toronto, and someone complained to bylaw
enforcement about my lawn chemicals, they'd have a nasty accident with
roundup on their front lawn in the middle of the night!

A drive by shooting? g

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old 30-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Bill Freeman

How about a driveby midnight delivery of bambo! We know where you
live, who you are .. . we will conquer you :-) Thank you for the hilarious
thread with serious overtones. Got crazies down here too . .. mostly about
historic preservation areas, overhead plains and concrete. Take a look
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/30/na...30HIST.html?th

Bill

Old 17-06-2003, 07:56 AM

V wrote:
If anyone wonders if what the " greeenies " say is true that "you can
keep a healthy, virtually weed-free lawn without the use of
pesticides", you should take a drive through Toronto. The truth of the
matter is that if you simply fertilize a lawn and don't treat the weeds
the weeds will eventually take over.

I don't know why anybody cares about their lawn being perfect... there
are much bigger things to life than making sure your lawn is the greenest
it can be. Banning pesticides is fine by me... the less poison that goes
into the ground, the better. As for no evidence of harm to humans, well,
I think you have to admin that our environment has tons more chemicals
pumped into it than in the past, hence the reason cancer rate is always
on the rise.

Good luck growing produce without pesticides.

--
GO# 40
http://NewsReader.Com/